“Wonderful view of river, on a cool summer afternoon!”
Review of Riverside Grill

Riverside Grill
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Basalt
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great meal and great staff. Couldn't decide on what we wanted, our waitress took our order and then I wanted to add something. No problem, she added it and brought out the hummus with veggies and pita! Very tasty. I had one of their 'custom' made drinks and it was so different, but refreshing, a margarita that they made with a tequila they had infused. Go early to sit on the patio by the river, demand is high! A little pricey, but then everything else in that area is pricey.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Wonderful selection of tapas and Spanish wines! Service was a little slow; but, that just means that tapas are fresh and made to order. Basalt is about 15 minutes from Snowmass. It's a lovely town to walk around with nice stores and restaurants.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had two salads and two soft drinks and our bill was almost $40. It left a lot to be desired. The location is great above the Frying Pan River.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

After a long bike ride in Aspen my wife and I decided to go to Basalt to one of our favorite restaurants. We were seated outside, by the river, and in the shade where we had an excellent view and could hear the sound of the river. My wife wanted fish but I am a vegan (technically an ovo-vegetarian since I do eat some eggs). Our waitress was excellent and helped us pick the right meal off the very nutritious menu. When our food was served I knew this was no ordinary chef. I had an extremely good tasting and nutritious quinoa stir dish that was loaded with broccoli, artichoke hearts, kale, carrots, a few beans, and other vegetables. IT WAS FABULOUS. My wife's Mahi-Mahi was excellent and we shared a beet salad. Washed this all down with cold beer and a little vodka and you have the makings of a wonderful afternoon in a quiet little Colorado town. The chef (Mr. Martin Oswald) came out on the deck and I had a chance to meet him. He knows how to make healthy food taste great and was knowledgeable about health and nutrition beyond my expectations. I can't wait to try his other restaurant in Aspen called the Pyramid Bistro. I highly recommend this restaurant - especially if you want to feel good about the food eat and don't want to ruin that great feeling from your morning bike ride!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were there for lunch (twice), and it is obvious that this is a fun bar scene, but we went for lunch on the deck. The food was very, very good, particularly the trout dish and the pecan pie. The presentation and preparation of the food was surprising, in that this is no ordinary bar kitchen. The food would fit well in a nice dining setting and for a bar, it was nothing short of impressive. Our servers were friendly and attentive. We would gladly recommend the Riverside.

Been to Riverside Grill? Share your experiences!