“Great place to enjoy friends, the river and very excellent food for the price”
Review of Riverside Grill

Riverside Grill
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Basalt
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
All over the US
“Great place to enjoy friends, the river and very excellent food for the price”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We dined at the Riverside almost exactly a year ago and enjoyed the deck beside the river, the food and service. I did not appreciate the condition of the restroom. A group of friends invited us to join them there this year. We were a party of 12. Everyone agreed that the deck and river, food, service and prices are as excellent as before. The other good news is the restroom has been remodeled and this time was CLEAN! As you might expect, we have been back again and plan on doing so throughout the balance of the summer. A special comment concerning the service - in spite of our tying up a table for hours, there was never any hint that the servers wanted us to move on - they seemed to enjoy our group and gave us attentive service throughout our stay.

• Visited July 2014

Colorado
“Great find!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Colorado doesn't have enough places like this! Great food....my wife had a delicious chicken penne pasta and I had a great gyro. But even better, it's along the riverside...so sit on the deck among the trees right along the river. If the weather's nice, it's an unbeatable location. Our lunchtime visit in June was perfect. If you're heading to or from Aspen or Glenwood Springs, this is the place to stop!

Palm Desert, California
“True Colorado Experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This has to be one of the loveliest places to eat in the world. I love sitting on the wooden deck listening to the river rush by. Riverside Grill provides loner blankets in a basket if you are chilly during your meal. The food is good and plentiful, I had the sliders, yummy and plenty of food.

Colorado
“Good food, good value & riverside seating!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have had lunch at the Riverside Grill numerous times. Their outdoor seating along the Fryingpan River can't be beat when the weather is nice.

Like fries? Try their new truffle fries. The sweet potato fries are also delicious.
As a pescatarian - I have always enjoyed the mahi mahi sliders. I am also a fan of their veggie burger.

The food is consistently fresh, the portions are large, and the service is great.

While their wine selection won't WOW you - the pours are large!

Ocala, Florida
“Great Meal!! Great Atmosphere!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were in Basalt for a week of skiing and chose Riverside for our last night out. We were a little nervous after reading the last review, but our meal, service, and the atmosphere were fantastic! We sat by the fireplace in the front of the restaurant and it was very cozy. The place has a very rustic feel, not pretentious and perfect with kids. I had the grilled trout and my wife had the quinoa spinach salad. The kids had pizza and noodles with butter off the kids menu. The price was very reasonable. My trout was grilled to perfection and the sides were great. My wife's salad was cold and delicious. The kids pizza was great even though it was just cheese. Our waiter was very friendly and the service was prompt. We ate on a Tuesday night at 8:00 so it wasn't all that crowded, probably 25 people. I would recommend this place as a good all around meal and value. Similar to Outback or Longhorn but with a better view. I wish we could have sat outside, but it was cold and dark. I bet in the summer the place is awesome.

• Visited April 2014