“Wow, I just wasted $60”

Add it.
Taqueria El Nopal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 September 2013

So this review has nothing to do with the Glenwood Springs location . First I put in my order.... I wanted to add a nopal (cactus) taco. No you need to order 3 or you can't order, the lady says with bad attitude. I say fine . Then they mess up my order. Kids wanted tortas with ham. They gave me carne asada instead. I tell her, I wil pay for the tortas And just make me the ham ones. She gets mad... We will get it right. I get home and the tortas have frozen ham, the no onions no jalapeños flew right over there head. Then..... I ordered menudo... I order it with no foot.... Half the cup is filled with foot. I go back. The cook is really nice, but the lady in the back gets mad. Tries to give me the same cup. I say can I have my money back. Wow... Never again!!!!!

1  Thank Jsaldivar78
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Don't overlook this place while driving by. Sure the building looks like it needs to be torn down but inside is some of the best Mexican food I have ever eaten.

I usually get the tacos(your choice of meat) . They have a "salad" type bar with sauces and condiments to make the tacos how you like.

Lately I've been getting a smothered burrito and I like how they put lettuce, tomato and guacamole on the side.

Stop by you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

I grew up here in the Roaring Fork Valley, this little gem has been here for as long as I can remember. You walk in and it kind of looks like a dive but don't be fooled, you're about to eat some amazing food. The girls at the counter are very friendly and chef with the large mustache is always back there cooking away. This is Mexico. I lived in Mexico when I was younger and when I walk out the door here I forget that I'm not walking our onto the streets of Puerto Vallarta, I'm still in the mountains. Everything here is authentic, the people, food and atmosphere. Try their carne Assad it's to die for, or if you like tortas, you'll eat one from here and never order one from anywhere else again. Love this place!!!