Wilderness Trails Ranch
US$148
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$167
Hotels.com
US$221
US$208
Homewood
US$140
US$137
Comfort Inn and Suites Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$157
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$208
Quality Inn Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$149
Motel Durango(Durango)
US$136
US$131
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our week at Wilderness Trails was a delight. We traveled with our 6- and 8-year old grand daughters. Neither they nor we were "horse people." The facilities were very nice, the horses (each of us had his own) were perfect for us, the food very good and tailored to some finicky appetites, and the scenery spectacular. But all that was secondary to the way we were treated. The 20-person staff, to a person, could not have been more intent upon making sure we, and more importantly, the girls, had the time of our lives. The Roberts (owners) family involvement was apparent not only from their physical presence but their obvious behind the scenes efforts to be sure everyone was always safe, comfortable and having a great time. The girls' mini-bouts of home sickness one or two mornings were instantly cured as soon as they saw their new friends, the other guests and the staff.

Some memories that the girls came home with - - "my horse," hummingbirds, the new colt, riding in the rodeo, making crafts with Katie and Rachel, seeing the Milky Way, lots of poop, the teenage guests that adopted them, "my first fish," and a lot more that are still coming out.

We've had the good fortune to travel the world. This expanded our horizons.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DelBloem
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I haev been to this racnh before with a friend and that was great but this time i brought my grand daughters and they did not want to leave. The days were orginized by the kids wraglers they meet in the sand box and went off to learn to shoot a bow and arrow nad fish for Trout and rope a steer head on straw and ride the horses.There is so much for the kids to do plus YOU also get to choose what you will be doing from an all day ride to a half a day ride and maybe a spa day or a cattle ride in the am and a senic ride in the pm. Or did you want to fish well they have a river and the poles to get you started right near the ranch. The cabins are very nice I rented one cabin and one side had a queen side and its on bathroom and the other side had its own bathroom and a double bed and a twin. The girls and I had a full day each day and then it was Shirley Temple time and a glass of wine for Nana :0). One day a week they teach you how to dance from a line dance to a two step and some others i cant name that was a blast then of Thursday we had a dance "wow" that was fun. The wanglers love the ranch and thier kids that they meet and the Kids loved them it was a great time. I would say go go go... you wont regret it I promise ... A Nebraska Cow Girl i'll be back and I have 13 grandkids !!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 68,410
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I have been all around the world and I will put this as the best vacation ever. I proposed to my girlfriend when we were there. Wrangler Connie and Gary heard and offered a place to take me but I wanted to do it privately. The staff were helpful and accommodating. Once my fiancee didn't make it to breakfast and once I returned to the cabin, one of the wait staff came to see if she was ok and offered to bring her something. My fiancee also suffered some pollen allergies and they bought her medicine from town. Wrangler Jennifer paired us up with excellent horses. Josh took me to an off-trail ride. I would like to add more but there is a 50 character minimum. If you would like to know more feel free to email me @ [------] Sandy was more than helpful in putting the vacation together. I would like to extend my thank you to Jean and Jan Roberts for an excellent vacation. We will definitely see you next year!

Room Tip: We had 10R. Very quiet and away from main cabin.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rgajilan
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We came to celebrate my friend's birthday by riding in the Rockies and had a great time! The office staff of Sandy and Victoria and all the Wranglers (Katherine, Joe and all) made us feel welcome right from the get-go. Our cabin was very clean and wonderfully western with a lovely soaking shower/tub. Loved all the little extra touches like the hand lotion. The horses were perfect for us. We have our own horses at home and believe it or not, we were matched with horses that were very similar to ours! The week's stay really was not long enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Dear WTR,

Thank you for a truly magnificent and adventurous vacation this summer. We arrived with the expectation of experiencing great horseback rides, amazing scenery and lots of fun. We got all this and in addition we also experienced sublime service by your ranch crew who only after a few days on the ranch seemed more like close friends to us than crew. All of our expectations were exceeded and it has the vacation of a lifetime. We hope to visit you soon again. Kind regards Jette, Pernille and Caroline

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Jetterosenstand
wildernesstrails, Manager at Wilderness Trails Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2011

Thank you Girls! Every time we hear the Bonanza song we think of you! Hope to see you soon!