Poste Montane At Beaver Creek
US$129
US$109
ComfortInn
The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$210
US$196
US$167
US$123
Beaver Creek Lodge(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$169
  • Pool
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa(Avon)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$254
  • Restaurant
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$333
  • Restaurant
US$241
US$201
US$197
Travelocity
All reviewseuropean feelice rinkpark hyattstayed in a junior suitecomplimentary breakfast in the morningamazing lodgeboot dryersenjoyable weeklarge soaking tubhotel kitchenoutstanding staffshort walk to the liftslarge walk in closetsitting areahot breakfastski lockershealth club
Reviewed 26 June 2012

There are two things that make this hotel stand out from the many choices you have in Beaver Creek--location and friendliness of staff. The hotel is super convenient being next to the ice skating rink and across from the Park Hyatt. Use of the Park Hyatt spa facilities is really something I enjoyed and did not seem like an issue in any way.

Room 402 was amazing and quaint. it was spacious for 2 people with a sitting room and a refrigerator and bar area inside the closet that was handy. The bathroom with extra vanity was also really nice. The bathroom was airy and clean.

As someone, who stays all over the world, I really enjoyed this hotel and a big piece of it was the staff. They were pleasant and accommodating to questions and requests. The hotel maid service was not aggressive (you know the sort that bangs on your door at 9 a.m. and then every 30 minutes until they can get it). They learned your schedule and cleaned --and always in speedy time.

The spa and steam rooms are on the bottom floor, they accommodate parking needs in the closeby St. James, and there is a kitchen on the lobby area for people, who would like to cook. Laundry facilities are free and also inside the building.

Daily breakfast is included, which was pretty decent in terms of free hotel breakfasts.It includes make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, and yogurt. The main course changes daily ranging from poached eggs and sausage to muffins. Two social hours are held each week, one being a wine and cheese event and the other an afternoon tea.

I can't wait to go back. While older, it is charming and different from all the chains with special little design features that makes it nice.
At the end of the day, I think the staff is what makes this place wonderful!

Room Tip: Our room had a fireplace in it, which would be enjoyable. The other room we rented, 405, did not, so you may want to ensure the FP is an option in the room assignment if that is important.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank adgrad
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have stayed at many of the resorts in Beaver Creek Colorado and have had a wonderful time. However last Summer we stayed at the Post Montane, While the staff was friendly you better know this is just a room ! No Pool Or spa, No open bar.. You had to walk across the Plazza to use another hotels pool. The Post Montane needs some up dateing, but the room was clean, large and pretty nice. They did provide a breakfast if you want to call it that it was BAD !!! You expect more when you stay at the resorts in Beaver Creek ! If you go to Beaver Creek consider The Park Hyatt, The Charter, Beaver Creek Lodge,, They are beautiful and what you expect from this area. They are NICE you will love your stay !

Room Tip: Most of the Resorts in Beaver Creek Colorado are Really nice. They offer everything and you will Love this area ! However the Post Montane was a disapointment for us. Guess we were spoiled at The Park Hyatt, The Charter, The Beaver Creek Lodge, and Elk horn... Try one of these places you will never want to go home....
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
djvaughn, General Manager at Poste Montane At Beaver Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Colorado9 Trip Advisor Reviewer,

First of all, thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us at the Poste Montane Lodge last August, 2011. I just noticed your review this week and it looks like you must have posted this review a little over two weeks ago. I apologize for the delay in my response.

Thank you also for pointing out that the room was "clean, large and pretty nice". We have 4 styles of rooms at the Poste Montane Lodge; Deluxe Lodge Rooms (like a hotel room, sleeps 2), Junior Suites (sleeps 4 with queen sleeper sofa), One Bedroom’s (with 1 or 2 baths, also sleeps 4), and 2 Bedrooms/3 Baths (sleep 6). I am not sure which room type you had, but we’ll take your description as a positive point!

We at the Poste Montane Lodge aim for 100% guest satisfaction rate, so I would very much like the opportunity to provide a better experience to you should you consider staying with us again. Please call me directly at 800-497-9238 to make arrangements if you are willing to give us another try.
I have a feeling that had we communicated (or perhaps a 3rd party that booked your stay had communicated) the details of our complimentary continental breakfast then your expectations may have been a little different for that complimentary daily breakfast. I realize The Park Hyatt’s buffet is delicious but it will also cost $25 per person per day at the very minimum.

I also wish that someone explained our privileges at Allegria Spa at the Park Hyatt a little better (or at all) before you arrived. We earn a lot of our business because of our guest privileges at Allegria Spa. I would argue that it is the finest fitness center, spa and pool in Beaver Creek and perhaps the Vail Valley. The proximity of Allegria Spa is right next door, but this was obviously a surprise to you and I understand your disappointment with not having a pool on site since that is what you expected.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about your stay with us. I believe we can win your business back if you decide to give us another chance. Please call and talk to me directly, then I will make arrangements for you personally.

Best Regards,

DJ Vaughn
Poste Montane Lodge

Reviewed 3 March 2012

The staff are amazing. They are totally committed to friendly and supportive service, everything from getting information, preparing a fantastic buffet breakfast to simple things like posting a letter for you. Without doubt they all stood apart from so many other places I have stayed. I stayed for week and a half in different rooms with some friends who owned time shares in the place. The place is super relaxing. There's an old world European feel to the place but some modern conveniences like jacuzzi and ski lockers. The rooms were very clean. I particularly liked the warm air boot driers in the ski lockers. This hotel/time share condominium was one of the first to be built at Beaver Creek and has a limited number of rooms so there's never a sense of a being crowded or rushed. The location is right in the middle of the ski village and only steps from the escalator up to the ski lift. Free Internet, an underground garage, downstairs indoor access to a ski repair shop, ATM's within striking distance and several restaurants within meters/yards of the front door. If you want to enjoy a relaxing and super friendly time skiing in Colorado then I highly commend the Poste Monaine. The only drawback to staying in Beaver Creek central is that most of the restaurants are expensive.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Great location, easy parking, good breakfast, restaurant on site. We have stayed at the Poste Montane many times starting in the early 1980's right after Beaver Creek opened and always found the PM to be delightful -- especially, rooms 402 and 406.

Room Tip: Ask for room 402 or 406 -- larger rooms for the same price.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OjaiJohn
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed at the Poste Montane for a brief solo getaway from January 9-12, 2012. The hotel is charming; old world style but in a perfect location right between the Beaver Creek village mall and the Vilar Center. It's a short walk to the lifts and the shops and restaurants are right outside the door. My lovely and spacious room featured a wood burning fireplace and fully equipped bathroom, plus a walk in closet and sitting area. The included breakfast was far more than 'continental' -- with warm options including poached eggs and sausage patties one day, scrambled eggs and hash browns another, in addition to breakfast cereals, fruit, bagels, yogurt. They even hosted a wine and cheese reception where I met guests from all over the US and some from South America. All were happy with the Poste and with Beaver Creek Resort.

Room Tip: I loved my wood burning fireplace but believe all rooms have them! I was in the center of the hotel on the fourth floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo