“Another favorite in Beaver Creek” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 82 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: (970) 754-6575, Zach's Cabin 214 Beaver Creek Place, Avon, CO 81620 (970) 754-6575‎
Minturn, Colorado
“Another favorite in Beaver Creek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I've eaten here twice recently, and had an excellent experience both times. The food is amazing. Great selection and good portion sizes.

The real treat is the sleigh ride up from the Ritz. The first night I went up, we went around 8pm, and it was a clear night with a full moon. It was around Christmas, so the views below were enhanced by all the holiday lights in Bachelor Gulch. Everything was glistening in the moonlight. On the way down, the guide in our sleigh pointed out various constellations in the sky, as well as telling us some of the history of the area.

On my second dinner at Zach's, we took the earliest possible reservation (5:15), so we still had some daylight going up in the sleigh. The views were breathtaking. We could see the Gore Range and Vail to the east. Once we were seated inside the cabin, we had great views of the mountains and the sunset. I felt so lucky to have that view! By the time we finished our meal, it was dark, and we again had a great view of the starry sky, and the snow was sparkling in the moonlight. So many people prefer to eat later in the evening, but for Zach's I will always try to get that early sleigh ride so I can have the best of both worlds for the views!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nikki_D73

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Very nice restaurant but not a nice waiter!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

You had to take a sleigh ride to get to this place which was open air but they give you wool blankets. The food was very good, pricey but good. We had 3 families and we asked if we could have 3 checks and that didn't seem to go over well with our waiter. He said, "well, it will take about 15 minutes longer to figure out" He made it sound like it was a big hassle! Our waiter also asked us if we would be ready for ride back to hotel in 5 minutes or take next ride in 35 mins. We didn't even have desert yet and someone was still drinking her glass of wine. I twas as if he was trying to get rid of us. Not what I expected from a place like this. My sister complained to the manager before we left. I'd go again, but I hope we don't get that waiter again!

Visited January 2014
Ribeirao Preto, SP
“Very Good but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The overall experience was good, but a little pricey. All dishes were very good, but the duck.
The service was at high level and the sleigh experience awesome.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Inman
“Can you say "Awesome"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

It may have been our 1st time but it definitely will not be the last. We had kids along and thought the sleigh ride would be a pleasant treat. Little did I know, it is a sleigh ride for the romantic at heart too. When you arrive, you will be offered slippers to make you feel at home and treat you like royalty until you leave. The menu made it tuff to choose but from everything I tried and ate, you can't go wrong with anything you order. Everything was perfect. The massive cabin's ambiance topped it off. The wine list was big enough to offer a perfect match for any food choice and offer a dining sommelier his vertical favorites.

Visited December 2013
Dallas, TX
“Truly Magical!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I spent several hours researching options for Christmas Dinner out in Vail/Beaver Creek and booked Zach’s Cabin with high expectations. My expectations were exceeded! We had such a fantastic experience and cannot say enough about what a wonderful place this us. It rare to find an upscale restaurant that appeals to everyone in our family but Zach’s Cabin was such a place.

Yes, the sleigh ride up and down the mountain was cold (the blankets they provide are actually very heavy hooded coats that are really warm if you put them on) but the amazing clear view of the stars and planets more than made up for it. Our sleigh host was very knowledgeable about astronomy and was very friendly. He offered to take photos of us and other families on the sleigh and when we arrived at the Cabin. The red carpet at the snowy entrance is a cute touch.

The décor is upscale mountain chic but also warm and inviting. We were seated in front of a huge fireplace that was just perfect. Our servers were very friendly, attentive and accommodating of special requests for drinks and vegetarian options. A kids’ buffet was a perfect even for our picky teenagers. The food was outstanding. We honestly did not want to leave we had such a pleasant evening. If you are near Vail/Beaver Creek but sure to try Zach’s Cabin- you will love it! We will be back for sure.

• Visited December 2013