“Nice.”

Zach's Cabin
Ranked #31 of 84 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (970) 754-6575, Zach's Cabin 214 Beaver Creek Place, Avon, CO 81620 (970) 754-6575‎
Pacifica, California
“Nice.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I liked Zach's - the service was just OK for us, really liked the sleigh ride - our guide was really informative about the stars - only thing is that you feel like you are kind of stuck up there hoping there will be a sleigh to take you back down.

The smores pie was the highlight - the steak was good, like any other good steakhouse.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank marse33

Holly Grove, Arkansas
“Best meal of our trip”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Everything we had was wonderful, from the starters, the entrees, and the dessert. (Must try the s'mores pie!!) The sleigh ride up the mountain was nice, and the restaurant itself is very nice.

• Visited February 2014
Colorado Springs
“Wonderful view, log lodge ambience, amazing food”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We took the early (5:15 PM) sleigh ride to Zach's Cabin located off a ski run in Beaver Creek Colorado. Terrific views of the Ritz-Carlton and the mountains of the valley. The sleigh ride only cost $10 and the menu was a la carte. The halibut with lobster sauce was awesome and we got very attentive service from the staff. Save this for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2014
Minturn, Colorado
“Another favorite in Beaver Creek”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I've eaten here twice recently, and had an excellent experience both times. The food is amazing. Great selection and good portion sizes.

The real treat is the sleigh ride up from the Ritz. The first night I went up, we went around 8pm, and it was a clear night with a full moon. It was around Christmas, so the views below were enhanced by all the holiday lights in Bachelor Gulch. Everything was glistening in the moonlight. On the way down, the guide in our sleigh pointed out various constellations in the sky, as well as telling us some of the history of the area.

On my second dinner at Zach's, we took the earliest possible reservation (5:15), so we still had some daylight going up in the sleigh. The views were breathtaking. We could see the Gore Range and Vail to the east. Once we were seated inside the cabin, we had great views of the mountains and the sunset. I felt so lucky to have that view! By the time we finished our meal, it was dark, and we again had a great view of the starry sky, and the snow was sparkling in the moonlight. So many people prefer to eat later in the evening, but for Zach's I will always try to get that early sleigh ride so I can have the best of both worlds for the views!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nikki_D73
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Very nice restaurant but not a nice waiter!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

You had to take a sleigh ride to get to this place which was open air but they give you wool blankets. The food was very good, pricey but good. We had 3 families and we asked if we could have 3 checks and that didn't seem to go over well with our waiter. He said, "well, it will take about 15 minutes longer to figure out" He made it sound like it was a big hassle! Our waiter also asked us if we would be ready for ride back to hotel in 5 minutes or take next ride in 35 mins. We didn't even have desert yet and someone was still drinking her glass of wine. I twas as if he was trying to get rid of us. Not what I expected from a place like this. My sister complained to the manager before we left. I'd go again, but I hope we don't get that waiter again!

Visited January 2014