It's always great to getaway. Living in Colorado, we like to go to the Mountains, for the peace, the cooler weather and the views. Our 'go to' area is Beaver Creek, and on this trip we stayed at St. James Place. We've stayed here before. The last time was probably 6-8 years ago. We rented a 2 bedroom with a den. Let me start by saying that often the decor of mountain lodgings lean the Cowboy way. Don't get me wrong. I was born in Colorado, however sometimes I feel that just because we are in the West doesn't mean the decor has to be of the West. I've seen it all, from chaps and spurs to Indian artifacts, made in China, and furniture from the William Kid signature line. Thankfully, this was not the case here. Granite counter tops, wood floors and tasteful furnishings greeted us when we opened the door. Ok, sure there was an antler chandelier but we are in the West aren't we? This place was so roomy that my daughter and her friend not only had a bedroom to themselves but also a "chill" room. There goes the Den. The full kitchen had plenty of plates, glasses, silverware, etc. It only lacked in cooking utensils as it had the bare minimum. The Master bathroom was full tilt marble, complete with shower and tub and dual sinks. Overall, the unit was very nicely furnished, with TV's in every room (flat screen, DVD in the living room), gas fireplace, washer/dryer and thick, luscious towels. Other positives are the indoor pool, the big, well equipped workout room and a helpful, responsive staff. I have nothing major negative to say except that our stay was too short. The only suggestion I have is to equip the kitchen with more cooking utensils. Some people do cook on vacation, you know. Thanks for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Beaver Creek - walking distance to all of the village amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your St. James Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James Place Hotel Beaver Creek
- St James Place Beaver Creek
- Beaver Colorado Creek James Place St