“The Best of Beavercreek”
Review of Beaver Creek Lodge

Beaver Creek Lodge
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Orlando, Florida
“The Best of Beavercreek”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't even know where to start, what a wonderful resort! First of all a previous reviewer mentioned that customer service was a zero, but I couldn't disagree more. From the moment we parked every staff member was overwhelmingly welcoming and helpful. I was given detailed directions for storing our equipment and obtaining our lift tickets before I could even ask, and even recomendations on ski runs based on the conditions. Throughout the stay whenever I would run into a staff member they would always greet me as "Mr. Murphy" and seemed genuinely interested in my stay and how I was enjoying the skiing. Also a staff member noticed I had forgotten my robe at one point when I went out to use the hot tub and brought one right out to me (again without me even asking).

The resort itself is stunning both inside and out. There is artwork everywhere which makes the aesthetics unbeatable. I could not ask for more in my room. Decorated with just the right amount of class for a lodge and all the amenities you could ever need (I particularly enjoyed the separate vanity and sink).

Obviously you can't beat the location, you are less than 100 feet away from the base of the mountain, and don't forget to go outside at 4pm for free chocolate chip cookies or for complimentary champagne at 4:30.

Thank you so much Beaver Creek Lodge, I will absolutely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
San Francisco
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, great service, rooms were nice. I'd definitely come back. The general manager clearly cared about his guests' experience. Not sure what everyone else is complaining about, maybe I'm just lots maintenance.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

While the location of this hotel is wonderful (just a few steps & escalators away from the Centennial Chair), the customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.

Short Story: There is ZERO customer service. (Except for the Bell-Hop/Valet guy)

When I called to make my reservation, the woman asked if we would be in town for anything special -- which we were, I was surprising my fiance with a ski-trip to Beaver Creek for his 30th birthday. I'm still wondering why she even asked, because when we arrived to the hotel this last Saturday morning (March 29th), the front-desk staff could not even look up from their computers to say, "Good Morning." Instead, I had to place myself directly in front of them and say I wanted to check-in.
After a quick check-in, the woman went right back to staring at her computer. Ok... so where can we stash our bags while we hit the mountain?? Can you maybe offer directions for how we can find the chairlift? How about just one cheery, "Happy Birthday!" to my fiance??

Meanwhile, the ONE bell-hop, who happened to be the only friendly service member at Beaver Creek Lodge, and the only one who seemed to actually be working (as he was sprinting back and forth with people's bags, parking cars, and filling up the lobby water station), he came down from helping another family, took the car for us, grabbed our bags and pointed us in the direction of the restrooms to change for skiing. Thank God for this man. At least someone could be helpful...

Needless to say, after our trip, as we were leaving out of the lobby, we once again did not get acknowledged by the front desk. I am appalled that I paid $299 (this is the base price, before Taxes, Fees & Parking) per night, and no one could even smile and say hello or ask me how my stay was...or even comment on the weather!!

Beaver Creek Lodge left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I will definitely not be back, nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Side Note: the room was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KevinShields, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Beaver Creek Lodge. I am sorry it did not meet your expectations and we missed the mark on our service standards. Service is paramount in our operation and we have had a great history in providing undivided attention to our guests to ensure their stay is a wonderful experience. I would appreicate the opportunity to have you back to give us another chance and to speak with you personally regarding your experience. My direct line is 970-845-1715.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you are paying $600 per night, you are expecting a minimum 4 star hotel but not a flight by night operations. And I am not writing here to offend anybody because something went wrong but to warn future travelers before they choose the place for their vacation and end up like me in the place that turns your dream to be ski trip into a nightmare... Let's start with old and dumpy furniture (pictures available), broken toaster and coffee maker, mildly warm water more suitable in the summer than on a cold winter day. Not only the water wasn't hot but it was also "yellowish/brown" in color....probably "recycled". The other, and probably a major problem, was the lack of the heat in the rooms. First at all, the hotel "went green" saving their money while taking yours. The heat gets turned off at night and with the temperature of 62F, we had to sleep in our ski jackets. They also turn off the heat when you leave the hotel room so when you return after skiing and want to warm up, you just can't do it. It takes about 1 hour to raise the temperature by 1 degree so you'd better turn around and go out to eat in the warm restaurant. After dinner, go back to your cold room, keep your ski jacket on when you go to sleep and you'll be ready for next day skiing within minutes. Maybe practical.....but not very relaxing.... What a horrible way to treat people... When we asked the management to have the heat fixed, we were told that it was a common procedure in Colorado to "go green" and keep the heat down. And when we asked for the money refund (we paid in advance for 5 nights) so we could go to another hotel, we were refused. So what do you think of that? A simple motel would be a much better choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anthony s
Anthony,
I appreciate the time you took to write this review and am sorry you encountered the issues. I have looked into our guest log to track the issues you have listed and am unable to associate any system challenges with our HVAC or Water. To date these have been functioning properly and we do not turn off the heating during the day or recycle water. Please allow me to discuss this with you and find out the room you have taken photos. I did personally walk each of these room types and test the water and look for any missing vent covers and have been unable to recreate the issues you had but want to make sure they don't inturrupt a future stay.
I do apologize and would like to speak with you directlty on these concerns.
970-845-1715
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at Beaver Creek Lodge, a weekend stay. We have stayed at other properties nearby in Beaver Creek before, but chose Beaver Creek Lodge this time because of cheaper pricing, which was better than anyone else's properties located that close to the chairlifts. The advertised price was $229 per night for a queen suite. About a week before our arrival we were contacted by the hotel asking if we would like to upgrade to a King suite with Valley View for $25 more each night. We thought that sounded reasonable so we said yes, provided that the room was in a quiet location in the hotel. We were assured that we would be given a quiet location far from the elevators, which we were, thankfully. Upon arrival at the hotel we noticed the $36 a night valet parking sign out front. We were aware of the charges for valet parking from our reservation confirmation. It was worded exactly like this on our reservation confirmation of items and their costs not included in the nightly rate..."Hotel valet parking is offered as a service". We interpret that wording to mean that one can decide whether they want to accept or decline that service. Since we are not the types to use or need valet service we asked during check in if we could park our own car and not use the valet service. We were told no. Apparently the hotel interprets "hotel valet parking is offered as a service" as "hotel valet parking is mandatory". The hotel needs to consider rewording this on future reservation confirmations so that there is no ambiguity.

There is a large atrium in the middle of the hotel, with each floor having a maze of hallways with suites. We found the interior of the hotel to be very dark, and has modern decor bordering on edgy. Definitely not a mountain ski lodge look but that's OK. Lots of red everywhere. However, we found our suite to be very nice with everything we needed and lots of space. There is even a mini kitchen with granite countertops, a sink, refrigerator, dishes, and utensils. The bedroom is separated from the living area. The bathroom is great also as was the extra vanity and sink in the bedroom. Our bedroom window looked out on to the main road into Beaver Creek which we were concerned about at first because of possible noise. The bed was so comfortable, not too soft and not too hard. However, we didn't care for the shuttered windows in each suite that look out towards the dark hallways. One can easily see around the edges of those closed shutters into the rooms. As we passed by some rooms that chose to leave their shutters open, it felt strangely like window shopping, only we weren't interested in the contents. The hotel is located conveniently by the covered bridge into the Beaver Creek shopping area and 3 escalator rides away from the Centennial chairlift. It is also across the main road and up a long flight of stairs from the Strawberry Park chairlift that goes to Arrowhead/Bachelor Gulch. Christy Sports is located in the hotel on the 2nd floor where your skis get stored and can be picked up as you walk out the door to the slopes. There is also a restaurant on the same floor, Rocks Modern Grill, which we realized not long after we arrived was directly below our room, which proved to be the biggest problem with our stay. The main stairs from the lobby go only to the second floor and no farther. We sure felt funny having to take the elevator down only one floor. There are numerous emergency exit stairs that we tried at first to go down a level, but most times the doors back in to other floors were locked so we were forced to go all the way outside several times and come back in through the main entries. Not great if you're not dressed warm enough for the weather outside.

The following are incidents related to the Rocks Modern Grill restaurant, in addition to the mandatory valet parking that made the stay less enjoyable...
After eating dinner elsewhere the first evening we came back to hotel and went to Rocks to get desserts to-go to eat in our room. The cost for 2 desserts was approx. $15 including tax, so we gave the bartender a $20 bill and sat at the bar to wait for our desserts. The restaurant had probably 10 customers at the most. We thought it was odd that that the bartender didn't give us change right away. Soon our boxed desserts arrived, but still no change, so we asked the bartender, "where's our change?". Oh. Then he gave us our change. Guess he thought we were big spenders and were giving him a big tip. That night we were in bed by 10 pm, wanting to get rested for getting first chair early tomorrow for an epic powder day. We're here to ski, right? Promptly at 10 we hear loud thumping party music start. Where is that coming from?! We opened the window thinking it was a car outside, but nope, nothing. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from. The restaurant below us had closed at 9. Finally we called the front desk and they said they would look into it. Eventually the music stopped and we slept peacefully that night. The next evening around 5:30 after returning to our room we heard what sounded like a live band starting to play. We could hear every word and note distinctly, but when we opened the window to see if it was coming from outside, we heard nothing until we closed the window again. We certainly like music, but we prefer to listen to it when and where we want to and not through the walls. We decided to walk around the hotel to investigate. We finally discovered the source...the restaurant. We asked one of the employees there how long would the band be playing and they said until 7:30. Thank goodness. We told them the story of last night's music at 10. They said that was them. They usually crank up the tunes after closing while they clean up, but they said someone called the front desk last night and told them to stop. We said that was us, we are right above you and can hear everything. We asked if they could please not play the music loud tonight after closing. They
acted surprised that some people are actually in bed by 10 but agreed. They kept their word and we slept without interruptions that night.

On a good note, we appreciate that the hotel allows guests who are checking out to leave their car parked in their garage while they ski the rest of the day. Not all hotels will do that. We hope that the hotel can work on the negative issues mentioned here for future guests.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KevinShields, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
This is probably the most comprehensive reviews I have seen and they type that are beneficial to both guests and management. We will certainly work on the opportunities and appreciate the positive comments to strengthen our services and amenities.
Greatly appreciated.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Highly enjoyed our trip to Beaver Creek and would highly recommend the Beaver Creek Lodge. We stayed there Feb. 27-March 4. It has a boutique feel and is very well decorated and very nice. My better half is a ski freak and they put us in their 1 Brdm Valley Suite on the 2nd floor. We never had to take the hotel elevator or stairs the entire trip because we were literally steps from the door that leads out to the village and less than a 2 minute walk to the lifts. It was the true definition of ski in/ski out. We were in the heart of the village and never felt the need to leave the village. There's a ton of nice restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Our room was also across the hall from Rocks Modern Grill which is the restaurant at the Lodge. We never actually ate there so I can't rate it.

The only downside to where our room was located was it was close to a ski rental shop so during the day it was a little loud. But we were RARELY in our room during the day so I barely noticed.

The hotel staff was wonderful and tended to our every need. Anytime we needed anything they were there and very friendly.

I'd definitely go back and choose the Lodge if we went back to Beaver Creek!

Room Tip: For a couple def request the 1 Brdm Valley Suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 19 March 2014

beaver creek lodge was a great place to stay it is in the perfect location. staff were very helpful and polite. Dinner was delicious at the restaurant. .rooms are expensive during ski season but comparable to other hotels in the area.i loved staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: great place to stay and wonderful location
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#10 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Sebastian - Vail

Been to Beaver Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!