“Such a dissapointment”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
COLORADO SPRINGS
“Such a dissapointment”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at Beaver Creek Lodge over the weekend to attend a wedding. Our first encounter was with a very disgruntled employee at the gate. When asked where we were heading I indicated Beaver Creek Resort and she proceeded to tell me there were 32 different places, be more specific. So i checked our reservation and specified Beaver Creek Lodge, she repeated the same as before (not listening), she ended up sending us to the reception area which were wonderful and helpful. Be sure you know exactly where you are going.
When making the reservations for 2 rooms, I was told 2 of the 4 nights would be charged as a deposit. Fine as we were paying separate, but I was charged for the 4 nights. Called the manager Liz who was helpful and directed us to the fix. When the other party called in, they booked another room instead of taking their credit card info for existing room, which caused some concern for the wedding party. When I called Liz again she asked "what can I do for you now?". I was told we would be placed in upgraded special rooms. We had rooms 110 & 111 which were right over the 2 garage doors and there was noise constantly. The rooms were spacious and the bed extremely comfortable.
When checking in, I believe they had their part time staff on as we did not get any information or direction and had to ask if there was anything for the wedding party.
The only 2 very helpful staff members were Valasar the parking attendant and the young lady at the concierge.
Perhaps our expectations were high but this is not a place we would return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, know exactly where you are going and do not be afraid to ask for i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KevinShields, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I sincerely apologize regarding the service issues you encountered. The entire Beaver Creek Resort prides itself on giving exceptional service to all visitors, guests and residents. I have forwarded your comments on to the appropriate parties at the Resort and with the reservation department so they can be addressed. I am glad to hear that you did receive intuitive service from Valasar and Christina at the Beaver Creek Lodge . Please come back again soon and see what new events and activities ad taking place at the Beaver Creek Lodge.
Kevin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited the Beaver Creek Lodge twice in March 2014. Outstanding location that is steps from the escalators to the ski lifts or shops and restaurants in the plaza. The staff if always gracious and ensures you have everything required for a comfortable and enjoyable visit. The Beaver Creek Lodge will always be my first choice when visiting Beaver Creek during the ski season or for a summer vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Beaver Creek Lodge could not have been a better venue for our wedding last weekend. The staff - Lori in particular - anticipated every need, seeded creative ideas, and did whatever it took to make the wedding truly ours. They went above and beyond to fulfill our unconventional requests, such as for the 10 Spanish porron glasses our guests used to kick off our champagne toast. Chef created a menu inspired by our favorite restaurants from around the world. From the S'mores in the fire-pit to the Honeymoon on Us, Beaver Creek Lodge has been flexible, responsive, and fun to work with. Lori in particular was the heroine of our wedding - the perfect mix of the-nicest-person-ever and don't-get-in-my-way-of-getting-this-done-right!

We chose Beaver Creek Lodge because it was a true destination wedding, but one that was not too inconvenient for our guests to access. We didn't want a 3-hour party, but rather a multi-day celebration with friends and family from across the country and the world. Beaver Creek Lodge delivered. At Beaver Creek Lodge, our guests had the convenience of the pre-party, ceremony, reception, and lodging in the same place, and easy access to skiing, skeet shooting, and snowmobiling. Of the many venues we explored, Beaver Creek Lodge stood out for the uniqueness of the aesthetic and the quality of the service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our stay at the Beaver Creek Lodge was absolutely perfect.

Service: From valet to front of house to the ski rental staff, everyone was incredibly on point, helpful, and friendly.

Value: You get what you pay for. Property in this area is very expensive, so in my opinion, this resort was actually very affordable. It is well worth your money to book an incredible place like this than to save a few dollars and sacrifice the convenience, quality, and luxury.

Sleep Quality: We were lucky enough to score a King suite and let me tell you, it was the first vacation I've been on in which I considered moving in JUST so I could have THAT good of a night's sleep forever. The bed was plush, gigantic, comfortable, warm... it was perfect.

Cleanliness: It seems pretty difficult to maintain a space that skiers/snowboarders traipse through from morning to night. I was thoroughly impressed with the up keep and cleanliness. Not to mention, the daily room service was incredible and refreshed our room to its original state.

Location: It is 100% worth it to stay here in order to avoid any public shuttles or parking areas you'll have to navigate so you can ski. This hotel sits right at the bottom of the staircase that brings you to your first chair lift. It was HEAVEN. Bypass all of the shuttles, the traffic, and the parking lots!

Room: The quality of the room was spectacular. There were robes, slippers, microwave, leather pull out couch, iron/board, toaster, a Keurig, and plates/utensils for 4-6.

Spa: The amenities all met my expectations. The hot tub, pool, gym, sauna, and steam room were standard, but all were very clean and usable.

Overall, between the wonderful staff, the INCREDIBLE location/convenience to the slopes, and high quality rooms/amenities, I recommend this hotel/lodge to everyone and will absolutely be back. It was worth every. single. penny.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed in January . The hotel is in a good location, it is very easy to walk to the escalator that takes you up to the ski lift. The room we had was on level 3 , it was a good size for us and 2 kids. There was a microwave and fridge so we could eat some meals in the room.

The rooms were cleaned well but what we found unacceptable was the knock on the door at 730 -800am asking if they could clean the room??? We have two kids and it is quite obviously too early for us to have them cleaning our room. This happened more than once and we stated more than once to please clean after 10 . We would leave the please service the room sign on the door and on the two occasions we came back around 1 pm from early skiing the room was not done. So then the same problem... We are in the room when they want to clean. A hotel of this calibre should not have this issue.

The pool was very warm and the gym steam room facility was clean and we never found it crowded. Kids loved the pool. We organised dog sledding via the concierge and we're happy with the trip. The concierge didn't seem very clear on the bus service to avon ... But we worked it out for ourselves.

The Christie sport ski hire we're excellent and service outstanding. We didn't find the ski valet people particularly interested. Most of the time we just left the ski,s with a note as no one was there to serve. We ate in the restaurant once and it was okay, we also had s'mores via the bar and they were yummy and good fun.

There was not a lot of people staying whilst we were there and it seemed to lack atmosphere. Overall we probably won't return to the hotel.

Beaver creek itself is excellent. Great skiing, no lines or very minimal, good restaurants, shops etc. we did not use ski school so can't comment. Yes Beaver Creek itself is expensive but the service all over the mountain is excellent so you get what you pay for . Don't expect to find any bargains. The Beaver Creek lodge is also expensive but does not deliver 100% like the rest of the mountain.

Room Tip: Our room was above the bar terrace. We could hear the singer etc. this didn't bother us but it m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
KevinShields, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Than you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you are not looking to return and would like to discuss any opportunities that may exist that could change your mind. We do have an execellent location, clean facility and a team to provide intuitive service.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kevin
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is not your average stay. We were pleasantly surprised by the unique and artfully appointed areas. Our room was lovely and the furnishings fit the needs of our family. The breakfast buffet was the perfect fit to make all of our bellies happy and on the hill in a timely fashion -- we highly recommend this as a easy option. All of the staff from when we checked in to when we checked out, me met every request we had. Christie's sports was great and would recommend them as well!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it was convenient to the restaurant, Christies Sports and mountain...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't even know where to start, what a wonderful resort! First of all a previous reviewer mentioned that customer service was a zero, but I couldn't disagree more. From the moment we parked every staff member was overwhelmingly welcoming and helpful. I was given detailed directions for storing our equipment and obtaining our lift tickets before I could even ask, and even recomendations on ski runs based on the conditions. Throughout the stay whenever I would run into a staff member they would always greet me as "Mr. Murphy" and seemed genuinely interested in my stay and how I was enjoying the skiing. Also a staff member noticed I had forgotten my robe at one point when I went out to use the hot tub and brought one right out to me (again without me even asking).

The resort itself is stunning both inside and out. There is artwork everywhere which makes the aesthetics unbeatable. I could not ask for more in my room. Decorated with just the right amount of class for a lodge and all the amenities you could ever need (I particularly enjoyed the separate vanity and sink).

Obviously you can't beat the location, you are less than 100 feet away from the base of the mountain, and don't forget to go outside at 4pm for free chocolate chip cookies or for complimentary champagne at 4:30.

Thank you so much Beaver Creek Lodge, I will absolutely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#5 of 9 in Avon
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail

Been to Beaver Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!