“Family Ski Trip March 2014”
Review of Beaver Creek Lodge

Beaver Creek Lodge
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Atlanta, Georgia
“Family Ski Trip March 2014”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in the Beaver Creek Lodge for 7 nights over Spring Break in March 2014. We have 2 boys, age 7 and 9, who really enjoyed the experience and agreed this was one of the best family vacations we have taken. The proximity to the village, ice skating, restaurants and lift areas is a huge plus. The snowmobile excursion in Vail is a must do!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chf3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a portion of a summer trip exploring the western states. Our room was comfortable with the expected amenities. We chose a valley view room and would recommend this as opposed to paying extra for the creek side. The hotel is in a busy resort and all rooms basically look out onto other resorts. The concierge was easy to work with and seamlessly arranged golf outings for us. We were there in the summer and it was slow. It appeared we were one of very few guests staying there. It is a smaller boutique type of property. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to others. They have a restaurant in the hotel and easy access to the resort walkway filled with shops and restaurants. Be sure to check out the gelato shop on the walkway for daily homemade gelato.

Room Tip: Choose a Valley View Room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nomad721
JCurnow, Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Nomad721!! Thank you for taking to time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Beaver Creek Lodge! We are all very happy that you enjoyed Beaver Creek and your time with us! Please come again, we promise another inspirational stay! See you soon.
Florence, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Beaver Creek Lodge on 7/8/14 my husband had been awake for 24 hrs before we arrived here. We planned on ordering room service and spending the night in at the resort. At check in we found out that no room service would be available that night while it was something we were looking forward to, no big deal there are a few restaurants at the resort. When we walked into our room it was pretty warm, we went and followed the instructions listed on the air conditioner panel and decided we'd go get something to eat and come back. When we returned the room was still warm, I called the front desk who then sent a maintenance man. The man came in said, oh yeah it's working fine, if it isn't cold in 50 minutes call again. Needless to say even with the 80 degree room my husband fell asleep. The AC never worked and it was just downright uncomfortable until finally at night I was able to open a window. OF course when you open a window all you hear is everyone outside. I was really looking forward to my stay at Beaver Creek Lodge and was just so incredibly disappointed. I also contacted them privately and they did not have anything to say in response to my email.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JCurnow, Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Jenn, thank you for taking time to review your recent stay here at the Beaver Creek Lodge. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us and that the air conditioning in your unit was not functioning correctly during your stay. Our restaurant, Rocks Modern Grill, does close for dinner on Mondays and Tuesday nights. While there are a number of excellent restaurants within the village of Beaver Creek and in close proximity to the hotel, there is also a service, A La Car, who delivers to the hotel from near by restaurants. If we did not suggest that service to you, I apoologize, and will insure our front desk staff offers this alternative consistentsly. I do hope you will consider a future stay and please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Yes, I am a fan of Dr. Seuss but this review has nothing to do with the famous author. While this is a review about Beaver Creek Lodge (and Resort), I will come back to that in a moment. If you are into grilling, serious grilling, then you need a Big Green Egg (www.biggreenegg.com). The company sponsored this year's "Blues, Brews and BBQ Festival" held near BC Lodge and held a competition whereby 15 teams grilled up some of the most amazing chicken dishes (all contestants were given the same ingredients and had to cook them all on a BGE). The meats were all so juicy and tender, the veggies were crispy and delightfully smoked. Other award-winning chefs dished up bacon-wrapped, asparagus-stuffed pork chops. Highly recommended! And, no, I am not on their payroll...

Now, for what you really came to read. This the 8th or 9th year that my wife and I have stayed at BCL. It feels like a second home to us and we will be back again. The Lodge is cozy and intimate. If you need or want swank, posh and ritzy, this may not be the best place for you. BCL has all of this but on a personal level rather than an in-your-face affront to your senses. We have always stayed in a creek-side room as we enjoy the roar of the creek flowing by; the bed is very comfortable with a pillow-top mattress; the bathroom is roomy (I believe there are ADA rooms available); the gas log fireplace adds ambiance and there is a small kitchenette with a small fridge and microwave, enough for a quick breakfast or lunch. There is a nice indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna and workout room. Finally, there is a restaurant (Rocks) in the hotel for those rainy nights when you don't want to go out, plus a few gift shops. The only reason I give BCL a 4-star rating instead of 5-stars is that I have had some minor problems which maintenance or housekeeping quickly resolved but the property would be better served with more proactive maintenance and an eye to detail.

The best time of the year to go depends on what you want to do. If you want to do adventurous, outdoor activities, then May-July will be great as the nearby rivers are raging with the melting snow, perfect for white-water rafting. The aspens were just coming into full bloom while we there over Memorial Day weekend. There are also ATV rides, jeep tours, horseback rides, hiking trails and zip lining in the summer and, of course, skiing, horse-drawn sleds, and snowmobiles in the winter (we have yet to stay in the winter months as the rates rise very dramatically during this peak season.) The best time to watch leaves change is around mid-September to the end of the month, perhaps early October. Any time outside of the Memorial Day-to-Labor Day window is off-season with some restaurants and shops in the Resort village closed for the shoulder season, but if you want to be alone or with your loved one, this is a great time to come.

One more place to mention is the Northside Kitchen, located just north of I-70 on exit 167 in Avon. They place has some of the best food at the best prices in the area. The bake their own pastries in the morning and serve seafood pot pie, heavenly salmon that is cooked perfectly (for us, at least) and some of the best filets anywhere.

Room Tip: If you need a room with a view, get one on the Valley side. If you want the sounds of the creek rush...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JSGamble
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a beautiful hotel, in a beautiful setting! Rooms were clean, quiet, and spacious. Hotel staff was always ready to help. We cooked s'mores on the patio. Great shops and restaurants in walking distance. What more could you ask for!

Room Tip: You can't make a bad choice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Denver
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at Beaver Creek Lodge two weeks ago. Since it was the off-season, it was very quiet and quite pleasant. We stayed in a room overlooking the creek however it also overlooked wall-to-wall hotels so I would recommend staying in a room with the Valley view. The front desk and concierge service was outstanding. Everyone made us feel welcome and were very helpful with suggestions for breakfast and lunch. The hotel is spotless and the King suite was lovely with a separate living room with TV, fireplace, small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, etc. The bedroom was spacious and the bathroom was very modern and clean. I recommend staying at this fine establishment.

Room Tip: I recommend the King suite with a Valley view. Bring your own pillow, if possible. The pillows are f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Beaver Creek Lodge for the past three years in October (shoulder season). The staff has always been very accommodating and hospitable. The hotel is very well kept and during this time of year, not crowded at all. If you are not into skiing but like the fall, I reccommend staying at the Beaver Creek Lodge.

Room Tip: We prefer the brook side rooms for a little more atmosphere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#5 of 9 in Avon
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail

Been to Beaver Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!