I read everything online prior to going to the Mountain Vista. We had a mountain view, which I requested prior to arriving. It cut down on the noise. The room was comfortably decorated and nice, and it was very clean. No sign of excessive wear and tear.
The amenities suich as pots, towels, etc. were minimal and I had to ask for a couple of extra things, but they were brought up right away.
Not much in the way of resort amenities or lobby amenities, not many places to "hang out" in the resort. The concierge was OK, but they didnt have trail maps of Beaver Creek (I will give them the benefit of the doubt, it was the end of the season). Internet in the room was sketchy at best and really slow and annoying. It was really hard to do anything in the room on the internet because it was so slow and would time out. Loading the trail map from the Beaver Creek website took forever in the room.
The grill was a nice feature and we did use it. Parking is underground, a nice feature since it snowed so much while we were there. The grocery store was close and really big, but its pretty far if you have lots of groceries and are thinking of walking to it. There are some really good restaurants within walking distance, but the resort is located in an area with a lot of parking lots, think office complex, not sidewalks and lawns.
The biggest complaint I have is the temperature. It was really hot inside our room and we had to keep our windows open while we were in the room. It was 19 degrees outside, so it made for a delicate balancing act of how much to crack open the window.
Regarding skiing, the resort was 9 miles from Vail and very close to Beaver Creek. It did take two buses to get to the slopes of Beaver Creek. However, we drove to and parked in the free lot and took one bus up to the top. It was pretty simple. The other option is to take the bus to near the Westin, walk over the tracks, and take the gondola up. I wish the resort had a shuttle to the slopes. It would be a nice feature.
We absolutely LOVED Beaver Creek and Vail and the whole area and are going back next year (staying at a different place). I would highly recommend a family vacation in the area. It is awesome, and my kids had an awesome time. There is something to do for everyone. Regarding the Sheraton, if you dont mind the heat turned up, the rooms and the resort were fine for a ski area. No complaints as to cleanliness (and I am particular) or decoration, size or layout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodate as many as eight adults in up to 1,250 square feet. Each villa features a fully equipped kitchen or well-equipped kitchenette, washers and dryers, separate living and dining spaces, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mountain Vista Hotel Beaver Creek
- Sheraton Beaver Creek
- Sheraton Avon
- Sheraton Mountain Vista Resort
- Avon Sheraton