“Fair food and service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Diamond Bistro

Black Diamond Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Diamond Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 82 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving contemporary American fare in a friendly and comfortable setting, Black Diamond Bistro is located in The Charter at Beaver Creek at 120 Offerson Road.
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Fair food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Needs some work. The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful but the overall food quality was only fair

Visited August 2013

Cardiff
“Worst dining experience of my life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Booked at table at 7-30 and arrived 5 minutes early and we were seated straight away, the server seemed welcoming and this was one of the few restaurants we had not eaten at in Beaver Creek area so wanted to give it a try – what a mistake that was.

After waiting an hour and a half for our entrees (so glad we didn’t order starters) I enquired if it was our fault for ordering really complicated food to cook – burgers! ‘We had 50 covers just before you came in’ was the very helpful response from the server; ok even if that was true (I suspect it wasn’t) that was an hour and a half ago and if you haven’t got enough staff to cope – get some more! Our complaining really worked because they brought our food out straight away – in the scheme of how long we had waited 20 minutes was ‘straight away’. On my son’s plate was an added extra, a lovely long black hair! Naturally we sent it back with a sarcastic ‘I hope its not another 2 hour wait’ – it wasn’t merely 45 minutes by which time we had all finished and my son sat eating alone.

To be honest the food wasn’t that great anyway. I had the burger with blue cheese, but the sauce that came with it was so hot there was no chance at all of tasting the cheese. I would be honest enough to say if the food was good even with the outrageous wait, but it wasn’t, none of my party rated it an anything more than edible.

I did complain to the duty manager and to be fair to her she listened and was apologetic, of course I was never going to pay for the burger with the hair but the manager took a lot more of the bill than that. She at least did understand customer service and didn’t try to lie like her server did about the reasons for the wait.

I have given one star which means ‘terrible’ and I consider that this is a very generous description of this place.

Of course this review is a snapshot of this restaurant and it was my experience on this one night in March 2013, I cannot say whether it is typical of the service this restaurant gives. I will never, ever, return to find out.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BigJW
texas
“Decent but not great.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Food was pretty good but was disappointed with service and atmosphere. Least favorite meal in BC. Would recommend Osprey Lounge or Grouse Inn over this. I ordered the pork chop which was decent. My husband and I decided to split a wedge salad as an appetizer. Whey the waitress brought it out, we asked for an extra plate and our waitress responded by saying "can't you just use that?" and pointed to our small bread plates. I'm not sure if she was annoyed by sharing or not but we all ordered a meal along with a bottle of wine so it wasnt like we were skimping around. Lots of other good places to eat in BC with better food & service.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

The service at black diamond was amazing. You really are made to feel like family. They make most of the things in house and everything was delicious.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bradenton, Florida
“Great Family Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

The staff at Black Diamond do an excellent job of making guests feel welcome. There are great views of the mountain and you can see the lights of the snow cats at night. The food is excellent they have a nice choice of appetizers. The calamari is delicious. The scrod is a nice entree. My sons loved the flatiron steak.
The desserts were excellent. Try the bourbon bread pudding.

1 Thank Bob S