“Good value food and service”

Black Diamond Bistro
Ranked #25 of 85 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving contemporary American fare in a friendly and comfortable setting, Black Diamond Bistro is located in The Charter at Beaver Creek at 120 Offerson Road.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ate here twice during a recent stay in Beaver Creek.

Both times we (3 of us) enjoyed our meals. The menu is fairly small with basic good value offerings in wine and food. We enjoyed salmon, chicken and steaks all beautifully presented and cooked.

Maybe because the fact that it is away from the village centre keeps it quiet but it is only a few minutes walk away.

There is a bar adjacent, one night people there were a little noisy but it did not put us off returning. Food can be served in the bar area too.

If there is any negative comment to be made it is the ambiance, could do with better lighting on the upper level and decor improvement to make it more welcoming.

Management changed recently and tweaks are being made.

At present open Thursday to Sunday nights.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Needs some work. The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful but the overall food quality was only fair

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Booked at table at 7-30 and arrived 5 minutes early and we were seated straight away, the server seemed welcoming and this was one of the few restaurants we had not eaten at in Beaver Creek area so wanted to give it a try – what a mistake that was.

After waiting an hour and a half for our entrees (so glad we didn’t order starters) I enquired if it was our fault for ordering really complicated food to cook – burgers! ‘We had 50 covers just before you came in’ was the very helpful response from the server; ok even if that was true (I suspect it wasn’t) that was an hour and a half ago and if you haven’t got enough staff to cope – get some more! Our complaining really worked because they brought our food out straight away – in the scheme of how long we had waited 20 minutes was ‘straight away’. On my son’s plate was an added extra, a lovely long black hair! Naturally we sent it back with a sarcastic ‘I hope its not another 2 hour wait’ – it wasn’t merely 45 minutes by which time we had all finished and my son sat eating alone.

To be honest the food wasn’t that great anyway. I had the burger with blue cheese, but the sauce that came with it was so hot there was no chance at all of tasting the cheese. I would be honest enough to say if the food was good even with the outrageous wait, but it wasn’t, none of my party rated it an anything more than edible.

I did complain to the duty manager and to be fair to her she listened and was apologetic, of course I was never going to pay for the burger with the hair but the manager took a lot more of the bill than that. She at least did understand customer service and didn’t try to lie like her server did about the reasons for the wait.

I have given one star which means ‘terrible’ and I consider that this is a very generous description of this place.

Of course this review is a snapshot of this restaurant and it was my experience on this one night in March 2013, I cannot say whether it is typical of the service this restaurant gives. I will never, ever, return to find out.

1  Thank BigJW
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Food was pretty good but was disappointed with service and atmosphere. Least favorite meal in BC. Would recommend Osprey Lounge or Grouse Inn over this. I ordered the pork chop which was decent. My husband and I decided to split a wedge salad as an appetizer. Whey the waitress brought it out, we asked for an extra plate and our waitress responded by saying "can't you just use that?" and pointed to our small bread plates. I'm not sure if she was annoyed by sharing or not but we all ordered a meal along with a bottle of wine so it wasnt like we were skimping around. Lots of other good places to eat in BC with better food & service.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The service at black diamond was amazing. You really are made to feel like family. They make most of the things in house and everything was delicious.