“Favorite Winter Destination”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The view is amazing, staff always accommodating, ski in ski out with fire pit and bar within steps, great ski school for kids, rooms are comfortable are well appointed, everything within your fingertips. We will keep coming back for years to come!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I hit the road from Southern Cal via Las Vegas, after a 12 hour drive in our daughter's compact car (destined to be dropped off at her dorm) we encountered almost perfection. We soon discovered that I had screwed up the reservation and they expected us 2 days later. Nonetheless, they were prompt to find us a room an even upgraded us to a residential suite. I'm not sure what the "Mountain View" is because frankly any view is a mountain view. The room was very well appointed with plenty of storage, a granite counter kitchen and spacious living area. The TV also included a Bose sound system. The bedroom, also large with a desk which would not be ideal for long work hours. My only complaint was the very soft bed which quickly persuaded me to sleep on the sofa, (promise, the wife didn't kick me out :-) ). Bathroom is big with separate shower and partitioned toilet area. Toiletries were also high end as expected. Lastly, I can't say enough about the crew. They we all extremely friendly and helpful. Although our stay was short, long pleasant memories will remain. I had been there several times to grab lunch while skiing in the past, and while it's always hard to move from Vail or Beaver Creek were everything is so close to you, we might just make this property our new permanent destination when skiing in the area.

Room Tip: I don;t know that the view matters. While the snow season is on, you may face the runs but it may be...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ptbrk
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We went for a weekend get away last year and it was incredible. From the moment we drove up to the hotel to the second we drove away the service was perfect. We were greeted by name (even my 70 lb dog, Bear who accompanied us) and taken to our suite on the Concierge floor. The room had a great view and balcony which was perfect for Bear. As one of the larger dogs on the property, he was quickly a favorite of all the staff and we were greeted every where we went. One of the evenings we stayed we went into Beaver Creek for dinner and were disappointed that restaurants had stopped serving dinner by 9pm. We returned to the Ritz and were welcomed with incredible food and cocktails in their lodge. We hiked a few of the trails located right outside and loved every moment of our visit. I would definitely recommend this and would come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennpaz8
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the Bachelor Gulch in one of the suites with a mountain view. The staff were quite helpful (including the front deak, concierge, restaurant and room staff). The bed was great, the size of our suite was ample, everything was quality. My only criticism (during August late summer season mind you) was having to wait to ask the front desk staff questions (they would generally only have one staffer working the desk). Not a huge problem. but a bit annoying at times. Other than that, the hotel has a lodge feel (as you would expect in the mountains) while having a very contemporary bar and lounge area. We enjoyed the smores by the campfire.

Room Tip: Request a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Again again and again, they have done a remarkable job with everything. I am frequent traveler for business. Ritz is my number one choice of hotels for my stay. The reason is obvious. Remarkable top notch service and hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Chirag P
Reviewed 3 September 2013

NOTE we were here in the SUMMER: Girls weekend and we chose RC Bachelor Gulch. We were on the Concierge floor where we were treated like royalty. The facility was awesome. The rooms better than that!

A bit of a trek from the Denver airport so if you plan to stay at the Ritz you may want to think about that last night especially having to deal with a singular highway back to Denver, construction, and normal rush hour traffic around Denver if you have an early flight.

The Ritz is the Ritz. Everything is perfect. The pool was wonderful and just the right temperature. The workout room had everything you would ever need. The Grotto (hot tub) is a little confusing to get to (I walked into the men's dressing area by mistake.) but soooo calm and relaxing. Perfect after a day of activity. HIGHLY recommended!

The entire staff needs to be cloned! They are awesome. They were extremely helpful in providing suggestions on how to get where we wanted to go, suggesting what we hadn't thought of and even helped arrange transportation (we went to a Kenny Loggins Concert in town) so we didn't have to drive ourselves.

I know that I will be back. The price is, well, pricy, but all things considered, is really a value for what is provided. I'd choose the Ritz over any other resort in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosietomato
Reviewed 2 September 2013

SIMPLY THE BEST This was our second extended stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Bachelor Gulch. The first was when the new General Manager, Abdullah Vural, first arrived. We had a wonderful experience: my review can be found on TripAdvisor. We recently returned, two years later, and the difference is astounding. There is improvement in every detail in the entire property...even in areas that were already leading-edge and "best of class" for a five star luxury hotel.

If you do not want to read all the details of this review, here's the bottom line: the Ritz-Carlton in Bachelor Gulch is by far the #1 Luxury Resort in Colorado/Wyoming/New Mexico (and we were recently guests at the main competition in Jackson Hole). If you have the opportunity, stay there, eat there, use the spa services, and experience service and excellence at its best.

Now for the details:
The hotel property has recently been updated. Gone are the dreary dark wood and "cowboy western" theme. The only reminder of that decor is that the doormen and valet staff still wear cowboy hats. The entire property is now a chic pallet of mountain colors: sage greens, eggshell whites, greyed blues, silver, pewter, etc. Aspen tree limbs and trunks are frequently used in the decor. Everything is fresh and beautiful. Carpeting includes a sand color with white, that looks like pebbles. The sheets are cloud white soft cotton and have a very subtle woven stripe pattern. The rooms have a finish similar to Venetian plaster and are done in soothing sophisticated colors. Even the bathrooms have been improved with lighted make up mirrors that work much better than those in the past. The amenities in the bath are by Asprey, the London Bond Street jeweler, and they smell lovely.

The food is greatly improved. Now, the salads taste as if the ingredients were freshly picked. I discovered that the wealth of interesting and delicious fresh vegetables was due, in part, to an arrangement the hotel has with local growers. There is a great emphasis on locally grown produce, and it is evident in the appealing and delicious food served. I ate some of the most surprisingly wonderful food: it was a real treat and "adventure" to taste what the chefs would prepare. I now have a new favorite chocolate dessert (an oreo cookie sort of crust filled with a creamy vanilla-ish pudding and topped with caramel...I do not do it justice in this description). When I bit into it, I thought I was going to pass out because it was SO GOOD. Also the baby rack of lamb was outstanding, and every side dish was a wonderful combination of things I would never think of.

The room service menu is expanded. We used it a lot and everything was perfect! If you take your dog, they have a special section of doggie dishes you can order.

The spa services have been expanded and upgraded. My all time favorite is now the "Mountain Morning" package (I did it three times!). In the non-snow months, it starts with a 1 1/2 hour hike in the mountains. At the end of the hike, your hiking guide takes you to a rather remote and beautiful cabin in the mountain where a yoga teacher awaits. The one hour yoga session is held on the deck of the cabin, with nothing but the rustle of the aspen trees and hummingbirds to bother your concentration. After the yoga (which is catered to your level and ability), a massage table is set up on the deck for a one hour massage. All this is followed by a hike back to the hotel spa and 20 min. of oxygen (optional). This is the perfect way to spend about 4 hours! In the snow weather, the hike is replaced with snow shoes and the yoga and massage are in the spa. FANTASTIC. Book it when you make your reservation.

How the service could possibly have been improved was something I could not imagine, but it was. It felt as if EVERY employee at the resort was (1) proud to be working for the hotel, (2) knowledgeable about their particular job, and, (3) sincerely interested in making the guest experience as good as it could possibly be. All the staff appeared to genuinely enjoy being there, doing their jobs, and helping me: this is very difficult to fake for eleven days and nights in a row! It worked. We had an extraordinary time.

We will return next summer and recommend the hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: There are no bad views or bad rooms. If you are bringing your dog, tell them so they can provide a d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#2 of 18 in Beaver Creek
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch? Share your experiences!