“Very happy with location, service and spa”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Atlanta, GA
“Very happy with location, service and spa”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Perfect summer visit. I thought the service was excellent, Spago great, and I do alot of spas and sometimes think they are all the same but truly one of the best massages I have had all year! Highly recommend hotel. Rooms comfortable--executive suite had 2 bathrooms. Pool relaxing and good service.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My fiance and I were lucky enough to stay at this property w/ a larger group.
The property, the "room", the view, the staff, and the weather were AMAZING.
Thank you for an awesome vacation!!!

• Stayed July 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I love Ritz-Carlton hotels but this resort is downright unbeatable (I have been 3 different times). From the moment you arrive at the seculded hotel, you are greeted by a fantastic door staff. The doormen learn your name from luggage tags, wisk away your skis to the ski concierge without you even noticing, and usher you into the hotel to be greeted by a spiked cider at the front desk. They then tell you about the hotel en route to the room and make sure everything is satisfactory before they leave.

The experience of check-in is just a taste of what's to come. From the live music during apres-ski time to the s'mores that you can cook by the fire at night, everything exceeded my expectations. My friends and I would just order a pitcher of beer and relax in the hot tub at night (or enjoy the spa/grotto). The hotel restaurant is good, but we often went off-site for more variety.

I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. It sets the standard for a luxury ski vacation.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank eaglebac
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We were very excited about staying at this hotel, we had heard good things. When we arrived we were taken to the club level for check in and it went very fast. We were asked if we would like to make dinner reservations and we said yes, at Spago, in the hotel. We were not told for a couple of days that Spago is only open on the weekends. We were sent to an Italian restaurant at the reccomendation of the girl working in the club level, the food was horrible and the atmoshphere worse. The only restaurant open was the Buffalo Bar and it had a pool table and loud music, more like something you would see in a Hoilday Inn, not a 5 star hotel. It is probably easier to just list the things that went wrong. The cable was out for 2 days, the tub was dirty, we did not have maid service until 5 o'clock one day, the music at the pool was so loud that we were on the 8th floor and could not take a nap for the loud base, we were given incorrect directions that made us an hour late to our dinner reservation, the music on the club level was 50's music and it was very loud and unsettling. We have stayed at many Ritz Carlton's and the club level has always been a relaxing expreience, but the music ruined the ambiance at this hotel. There were 4 children under the age of 10 and they played chase and screamed and the parents were never asked to refrain there kids from screaming and running. The spa was wonderful and the massage was one of the best I have ever had, that was definitely the highlight. I would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chill1965
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The service here is consistent with the company's standards which means excellent!

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Admittedly, my family is a bunch of Ritz junkies, and Bachelor Gulch did not disappoint. Very friendly from the moment you arrive--even if you arrive in a subcompact rental car and you know they can tell you are not a "high-roller," they still go out of their way to make you feel special. The pool and 3 hot tubs are lovely, the view is wonderful, and the rooms were nice and clean. The beds were extraordinarily comfortable. The tub in our bath was extremely nice. Our package included a $50 credit for breakfast at Spago which was fantastic! I highly recomend the French toast with carmelized walnuts and peach compote. The staff in Spago was also very friendly and fun. Bachelor the dog was very nice, but seems new at his job and still looking for his comfort zone. Only downside was we were supposed to get the USA Today and WSJ delivered to our rooms, which did not happen. But all in all, a good example of Ritz pampering in the beautiful Mountain West.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
shreveport
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We came here for our honeymoon...It was considered "off season" so we got a pretty good deal on the room. I expected a bit more "lush" accommodations, the room was quite small, however; the bed was VERY comfortable (awesome sheets!), very nice bathroom (small tub though). Our room had a gorgeous view (although we were right on the road, it was not a busy time so it was quiet).
I thought it was ridiculous we had to pay for internet, you can get free internet at Holiday Inn, and for the prices they charge for rooms here, c'mon.
The staff was very nice, some of them seemed confused about different things, but some were very helpful.
The room service is incredibly overpriced, and be careful if you decide to order a glass of champage from the bar without asking what kind...the "Rtiz" brand is $27...A GLASS! We understand thay you have to pay for the name but I have stayed in some much nicer hotels that were much more reasonable.
I do have to say I got an amazing pedicure at the spa, it cost an arm and a leg but Melissa did a wonderful job!
My husband and I are dog lovers, and I think it is very cool pets are allowed here. They have a huge lab behind the desk...VERY calm dog, good for kids.
I don't think we would stay here again, I feel like you pay for the name and not for what you actually get.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#6 of 18 in Beaver Creek

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch? Share your experiences!