“So beautiful!!!”

Beaver Creek Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular year-round resort in the Rockies offers excellent snow skiing and snowboarding in the winter and exhilarating sports such as mountain biking and hiking in the summer.
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

My family and I traveled up the mountain to see ski basin and village. It was well worth the visit. Such a cute village with great restaurants and shopping. They even had an ice skating rink! We also took the ski lift up the mountain and were amazed with the beautiful views! If we had more time, it would have been worth it to hike the 4 miles down the mountain. The lift only took us 1/2 way up the mountain so I cannot imaging how beautiful it would be to go to the top and ski down. Check it out! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank alcwHouston
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)
All reviews
"bachelor gulch"
in 52 reviews
"ski area"
in 81 reviews
"warm chocolate chip cookies"
in 21 reviews
in 18 reviews
"snow conditions"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We travelled as a young family of 3 kids from Australia. Beaver Creek totally lived up to it's reputation. The village is just gorgeous, and very well maintained.

The staff - each and every single one of them - were always friendly and helpful. In fact they would come over to me and help out with the little ones on more than one occasion. Amazing!! (compared to Aust). Lifties with a SMILE, and super to the kids.

The ski school was just fantastic, really great lessons & the kids loved it so much. Runs for everyone here, it's not huge but for a week it was perfect & we all loved it.

Free cookies and hot chocolates?? Yes please. Now THIS is skiing!!

If you pick & choose your restaurants it's not that bad with pricing, just avoid the traps.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had never been on skis before and I never thought of myself as a winter destination kind of person. However, my husband loves to ski and I have relatives in the area who were kind enough to help make this trip more affordable. It is definitely an expensive trip and area.

Both my husband and I took a half-day class. I worked with the beginners and he worked on getting better at jumps and skiing backwards and other things I'll probably never do. The classes were completely worth it as we both learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I wasn't completely happy with the path the instructor took us down at the end of the day and wasn't thrilled that he yelled at me when I couldn't make a turn. However, I got over it and enjoyed the rest of my time on the mountain.

There are runs for all levels and they're all well kept. Even though there were some runs closed, there was always something equally fun for my husband to try.

1  Thank Crystal L
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We visited Beaver Creek at Christmas 2011 and the snow coverage was not great, but we had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed the skiing. That said we really wanted to ski here with great snow coverage so we came back in late March 2013 and we were not disappointed.

We arrived in Denver to bright sunshine but up in the mountains the weather was completely different. The huge amount of snow had closed Vail Pass and a four hour wait at the airport was offset by knowledge that there would be fresh snow. We really struck lucky with the weather this time, it snowed every night and the temperature had really dropped but the days were bright blue skies. The conditions were fantastic on the mountain but what makes this resort so special are the people. The guys that work on the lift lines, the very helpful information people, ski school and everyone you meet are just so friendly and helpful. As upper intermediate skiers the terrain for us is perfect but would be limited for experts. Runs like Larkspur Bowl, Redtail, Harrier and President Fords were just right for us with the opportunity to cruise down all the runs on Arrowhead and Bachelor Gulch to our hearts content. Lift line? What’s one of those?

Yes it’s expensive for everything in Beaver Creek, but you know that when you book! But as far as the skiing is concerned, for me, you get what you pay for.

Quite simply a fantastic ski resort.

1  Thank BigJW