“mixed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beano's Cabin

Beano's Cabin
Reserve with OpenTable
Beano's Cabin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 82 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Price range: US$119 - US$119
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Guests staying within Beaver Creek Resort should take a complementary, Village Transportation shuttle by calling 970-949-1938.
Description: Amazing cuisine, well-chosen wines, impeccable service, and a unique transportation option to the restaurant have made Beano's Cabin a favorite destination for years. In the winter, the only way to get up to Beano's Cabin is via an open air sleigh ride, pulled by a snow cat. Live music is performed while guests dine on an expertly prepared meal by Executive Chef Bill Greenwood. Adults enjoy a five-course dinner with live musical entertainment for $119 per person. Discounts are available for children 4 and under. Please note these prices do not include alcoholic beverages, taxes or gratuity. All reservations made online are for the shuttle van up to the Cabin. In the summer guests have the option of taking a scenic horseback or tractor pulled wagon ride up to Beano's Cabin for an additional charge.
Parker, Colorado
“mixed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Lovely, rustic setting with stunning views; large dining room similar to army mess hall; throng of diners arriving by bus/van, Decent food but pedestrian menu.Programmed, commercial experience with western dude ranch flavor. Probably best for Eastern tourists.

• Visited August 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Simply stated..."stunning"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

one of the most wonderful dining/oudoor experiences my wife and I have ever had. The horse back ride was excellent ( one hour) , crossing thru aspens, riding along a roaring river, crossing a stream, ariving at a beautiful cabin with guitar player playing by fireplace around 6 pm. Window seat is a must to see the wildlife and sun going down over mountain.Dinner was fabulous and were able to pick out four of your five courses. Nice deck and inside bar you could sit at before dinner and excellent wine chioces during dinner. Driven back to our car when we were ready to leave...about 9 pm

• Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Beano's Cabin is located slopeside at the Beaver Creek Resort. I have skied past it many times and finally ate there this summer. You access the restaurant by taking a resort-provided shuttle, a tractor-pulled trailer or horseback. I guess you could also hike up to it. In the winter you take a sled pulled by Piston Bully snowcats.

The restaurant building is located in a meadow with steep ski runs and pine covered mountains surrounding it. The restaurant has their own gardens that supply a lot of the greens and herbs used in the meals. The views outside the ample windows was spectacular. Inside, the timbered ceiling, antler chandeliers and open kitchen made it feel comfortable but really, really special. There was a guitarist playing mellow music and after the sun went down they turned the fireplace on. It was all very comfortable.

The meal is five courses, fixed price. I started with a tomato gazpacho that was light and refreshing. My husband ordered the corn bisque. I didn't get that because I was worried it would be too heavy--I still had 4 courses to go. I needn't have worried--it was more like a corn-flavored froth.

Soup was followed by an interesting mixed green salad. I didn't recognize most of the leaves but I remember our waiter (Gene, a great guy) mention sorel.

I chose the caprese salad as my appetizer. The mozzerella was house-made and they did something really interesting--they rolled it with pesto so it resembled a white and green pinwheel. The salad's focus was the heirloom tomatoes, the cheese was more of a small treat.

My guests ordered the salmon and the fried egg with pork cheek--they were happy with their choices.

My main course was the rainbow trout with a variety of vegetables--light, healthy, tasty. So far I'm eating guilt-free.

My dessert was the wild rhubarb. They no-kidding pick the rhubarb somewhere growing wild on Beaver Creek Mountain. It was served with a sorbet, cream, tasty sauce and some kind of yummy crumb mixture.

The food was exquisite. It was wonderfully prepared, incredibly fresh and (as least my choices) really healthy.

We had two kids with us and the kid's meals were lovely. They started with a fruit plate that the adults ended up nibbling on. The steak they served my son was an impressive filet mignon. My daughter ordered the pasta and meatballs but would not eat the meatballs when she heard they were made with lamb. (But lamb's are cute!) Kid dessert was an interesting take on the rootbeer float.

The service was, for the most part, really good. Krista and Gene were our wait team and they were great. Some of the other servers who delivered items to the table were not so great. One guy was kind of rude. But we only saw him once.

Getting back down the mountain the shuttle service was a little disorganized, but we made it. And it wasn't bad enough to mar the evening.

You must have reservations. Worth the splurge for a special evening.

• Visited July 2013
“A truly brilliant meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The staff at Beano's made me feel as if I was the most important patron of the year - and everyone at my table felt the same way.

But even the beautiful service couldn't hold a candle to the food, which was truly extraordinary. Each course was delicious, with perfect local sourcing and creative dishes.

I would eat here every night if I could. Take it from this true NY and Seattle foodie: Don't miss this meal!

• Visited August 2012
Golden, Colorado
“Pricey, hard slog up the hill -- but very good nevertheless”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

You may hear and read a lot about Beano's. First the drawbacks, it's a long drive to get to the ride up the hill -- horseback or wagon/sleigh (summer/winter). The road is quite rough in the wagon going up and in the van going down. It will rearrange your muscles and bones. The price is not for the faint of heart, at $120 per, and our bill for eight of us was over $1700 (cocktails, food, wine, dessert). The wine list is extensive (and expensive) and the first bottle we ordered resulted in only one bottle in the cellar. Same thing with the second. The third bottle was one of three on hand. If you are in a larger party, have them check the wine stock to make certain they have enough of what you want. Also, our opinion this is no place for children under 12. The children's tab is $55 and this is a place for adults.

Yes, there are many positives. The food was gourmet at the highest level. All of our entrees were roundly praised, the cocktail pour was generous and the service was attentive, adept and courteous without fawning. The setting is truly extraordinary and the story of the Chicago immigrant who settled in the meadow is really quite compelling. The wining and dining part of Beano's is singular, the experience is memorable, but it is one of those experiences you likely will not seek to repeat.

Yes, t here are many positives

• Visited July 2013