“I think I saw BigFoot and he was in the kitchen”
Review of Beano's Cabin

Beano's Cabin
Reserve with OpenTable
Beano's Cabin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 87 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Price range: US$135 - US$135
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Guests staying within Beaver Creek Resort should take a complementary, Village Transportation shuttle by calling 970-949-1938.
Description: Amazing cuisine, well-chosen wines, impeccable service, and a unique transportation option to the restaurant have made Beano's Cabin a favorite destination for years. In the winter, the only way to get up to Beano's Cabin is via an open air sleigh ride, pulled by a snow cat. Live music is performed while guests dine on an expertly prepared meal by Executive Chef Kevin Erving.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Every time I go to Beano's I find myself greatly disappointed. Come on, Vail Resorts, this is suppose to be your top star, on mountain dining?
The anticipation of going to Beano's, be it in summer or winter, is exciting.. More so in winter as you're cosy p with the person next to you, sharing a blanket - of course, it's a better experience when you know the person.
Nevertheless, during summer, this particular restaurant plays host to a large amount of weddings and other events. One wedding this year I was excited to attend was taking place at this very venue. During the summer you take the village transportation to the venue... so the bumpy ride to Beano's allowed me to not only get car sick but shared views of the new Redtail Camp, World Cup runs and Beaver Creek's most challenging section of terrain, Grouse Mountain. Finely reaching the on mountain restaurant, we are greeted by the friendly staff.. Whom are worth every penny and more - probably the friendliest staff I've experienced out of all the VR restaurants. However, when it came to the cocktails and dinner, this is why I marked this dining experience as "poor". The drinks served were, needless to say, a bit potent. I like to enjoy my beverage with the perfect balance of liquor and whatever mixings that may be included (even though I know the majority of the attendees of this particular event were of "Greek college decent", no good bartender should sacrifice his/her art to make a mess). And the food, which is why I title this review as I did, hit way below expectations. The portions were quite small, and the food was only okay, it wasn't one of those meals that knocked my socks off. I had ordered the Elk from the menu, which was perfectly cooked.. However, as I took my first bite, I noticed something on my plate. My friend sitting next to me also noticed it, and being that she works for a local venue in their food and beverage department her eyes widened as I pulled this very long, black hair from my elk. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I believe Bigfoot was here and left his mark on my plate. I did lose my appetite which really didn't combine well with the liquor / mix ratio I had been drinking. In years past, I had joined my family to this restaurant during the winter season, even had a chance to experience it with colleagues, but every time I go, the food disappoints and doesn't meet expectations. And yes, Iron Chef Cat, the sweet potato wedges/fries are delicious, but I believe they took them off the menu. A bummer, I know.
If all else fails, Maybe the next time you visit you'll probably get a look at their mascot the porky pine that lives there who is adorable, but if not, you may very well see Harry Bigfoot from "Harry and the Hendersons"..

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Lovely, rustic setting with stunning views; large dining room similar to army mess hall; throng of diners arriving by bus/van, Decent food but pedestrian menu.Programmed, commercial experience with western dude ranch flavor. Probably best for Eastern tourists.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

one of the most wonderful dining/oudoor experiences my wife and I have ever had. The horse back ride was excellent ( one hour) , crossing thru aspens, riding along a roaring river, crossing a stream, ariving at a beautiful cabin with guitar player playing by fireplace around 6 pm. Window seat is a must to see the wildlife and sun going down over mountain.Dinner was fabulous and were able to pick out four of your five courses. Nice deck and inside bar you could sit at before dinner and excellent wine chioces during dinner. Driven back to our car when we were ready to leave...about 9 pm

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Beano's Cabin is located slopeside at the Beaver Creek Resort. I have skied past it many times and finally ate there this summer. You access the restaurant by taking a resort-provided shuttle, a tractor-pulled trailer or horseback. I guess you could also hike up to it. In the winter you take a sled pulled by Piston Bully snowcats.

The restaurant building is located in a meadow with steep ski runs and pine covered mountains surrounding it. The restaurant has their own gardens that supply a lot of the greens and herbs used in the meals. The views outside the ample windows was spectacular. Inside, the timbered ceiling, antler chandeliers and open kitchen made it feel comfortable but really, really special. There was a guitarist playing mellow music and after the sun went down they turned the fireplace on. It was all very comfortable.

The meal is five courses, fixed price. I started with a tomato gazpacho that was light and refreshing. My husband ordered the corn bisque. I didn't get that because I was worried it would be too heavy--I still had 4 courses to go. I needn't have worried--it was more like a corn-flavored froth.

Soup was followed by an interesting mixed green salad. I didn't recognize most of the leaves but I remember our waiter (Gene, a great guy) mention sorel.

I chose the caprese salad as my appetizer. The mozzerella was house-made and they did something really interesting--they rolled it with pesto so it resembled a white and green pinwheel. The salad's focus was the heirloom tomatoes, the cheese was more of a small treat.

My guests ordered the salmon and the fried egg with pork cheek--they were happy with their choices.

My main course was the rainbow trout with a variety of vegetables--light, healthy, tasty. So far I'm eating guilt-free.

My dessert was the wild rhubarb. They no-kidding pick the rhubarb somewhere growing wild on Beaver Creek Mountain. It was served with a sorbet, cream, tasty sauce and some kind of yummy crumb mixture.

The food was exquisite. It was wonderfully prepared, incredibly fresh and (as least my choices) really healthy.

We had two kids with us and the kid's meals were lovely. They started with a fruit plate that the adults ended up nibbling on. The steak they served my son was an impressive filet mignon. My daughter ordered the pasta and meatballs but would not eat the meatballs when she heard they were made with lamb. (But lamb's are cute!) Kid dessert was an interesting take on the rootbeer float.

The service was, for the most part, really good. Krista and Gene were our wait team and they were great. Some of the other servers who delivered items to the table were not so great. One guy was kind of rude. But we only saw him once.

Getting back down the mountain the shuttle service was a little disorganized, but we made it. And it wasn't bad enough to mar the evening.

You must have reservations. Worth the splurge for a special evening.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The staff at Beano's made me feel as if I was the most important patron of the year - and everyone at my table felt the same way.

But even the beautiful service couldn't hold a candle to the food, which was truly extraordinary. Each course was delicious, with perfect local sourcing and creative dishes.

I would eat here every night if I could. Take it from this true NY and Seattle foodie: Don't miss this meal!