“Outstanding Food, Service, and Ambience”

Splendido at the Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
Splendido at the Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 85 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Hill Road
Transit: "Village Transportation" brings guests from anywhere in Beaver Creek free of charge.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a private dinner for a group of 20. To start off, the scenery is beautiful on the patio, and the ambience of the room makes it a pleasure to converse with colleagues or friends. Both the sea bass and steak were both cooked to perfection, and incredible quality. Dessert was a work of art. Really enjoyed the extensive wine list, and the wines selected were great, but seemed to be marked up quite a bit. You get what you pay for - and you pay for the great quality - but for a special treat it was a great experience.

1  Thank bkmatise
There are newer reviews for Splendido at the Chateau

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Must have eaten here 50 times over the past 15 years. It has never disappointed and only continues to get better. The ambiance is great as the views are wonderful and the setting is superb. My wife had a new dish, lobster gazpacho soup which was out of this world and so new and creative for this chef. I ate the Dover sole for my entree which I enjoyed so much that I didn't even offer it to anyone at the table. This is quite unusual for me. My wife had the trout with sweet breads which was equally as good. Before leaving we made a reservation for us to return with my children in February during the world championships of skiing. I guess this says it all.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This fancy, expensive restaurant sits far above Beaver Creek, with views from our patio table looking out to nearby mountains during the last hour of daylight. Our table setting was delightful and peaceful, though we could hear the live piano music in the distance and sounds from a cocktail party on another part of the deck. Our server was friendly, perceptive, and professionally efficient. Our meals were excellent. My wife had a delicious smoked tomato soup for an appetizer. A trout and sweetbread combination may sound unusual but it was a sublime combination main course. The chocolate fudge souffle was fabulous. We've been to Splendido before, and other Beaver Creek restaurants, but this meal rates as our top dining experience in the resort town.

1  Thank nedtraveler
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to Splendido at the Chateau over the 4th of July. There were 14 of us and everyone tried something different. I sampled the lobster, Kobe steak and rabbit. All of it melted in my mouth. I expected less than superb service since there were so many of us but that is not what we received. We had 5 or 6 of the most attentive servers. They made everything sound so good.
There was a pianist playing all of my favorites. After dinner we adjourned to the patio to enjoy an after dinner drink and marvel at the view of the mountains and the landscape at The Chareau. A memorable evening.

1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Six of us ate here last Thursday night for an informal business dinner. Superb food, beautifully presented, with outstanding service. Very expensive - $100 per person, with wine. One of the men felt it was a bit pretentious but that's to be expected; it's in Beaver Creek, for Heaven's sake. What's not pretentious?! I thought it was just great, with some unusual menu choices but not too weird. Portions were not too small; some of these places serve Elf Food, but this one was somewhat better than that, though the portions certainly weren't oversized, either. The place was quite busy but not too loud to carry on a conversation. And, somehow they must've gotten a government waiver: They did not have the required mediocre guitar player, playing too loud. (I thought that was an inviolable requirement any place within 30 miles of Vail?!) In fact, out in the bar area, they had a pianist who played beautifully. So, I highly recommend Splendido. I'll be back.