“Snowflakes”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Melbourne, Florida
“Snowflakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is a small informal,friendly hotel with excellent staff. The room was comfortable.The services provided by the concierge (Mika) was superb), the ski valet took care of skiis and were most helpful.All the staff were efficient and helpful. The Manager Chris met us several times to make sure we were being well taken care of. In the morning there is complimentary Starbucks coffee and newspapers. Valet parking and internet is provided and paid for by the resort fees. There is a washer /dryer on each floor.
The menu is limited but try the Gyro.It was excellent. Do not have anything negative to say about this ski- in, ski- out gem in Beaver Creek.

1 Thank Vineet5151

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
San Antonio, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

My husband and i stayed at the osprey for 5 nights to celebrate our anniversary. As soon as we walked in to the lobby we were impressed. Everyone was so helpful, and dont pass up the on-site restaurant, the food is delicious! Chef Michael and all the bar staff were great, they made us feel right ag home! Can't wait for our next trip to Beaver Creek!

• Stayed December 2011
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Had a great time staying at the Osprey her in Beaver Creek. The bartenders were great and had a couple nice meals. I really like being able to step out of the hotel and hop on the chairlift. My second time her, and I will definitely be back.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 nights and had a great time. We had a superior king room which had a fireplace and was fantastic. The hotel is adjacent to the Strawberry Park ski lift and steps to restaurants in the village. The staff could not have been nicer, particularly the ski valet and Mike, the bellman. The hotel is smaller than some other Beaver Creek options (Ritz, Hyatt, etc.), but to me this was a positive. This was actually my second time staying at this hotel and have no complaints from either trip and would definitely recommend. We did not eat at the hotel, so I cannot comment on the food.

Room Tip: The king superior rooms have a fireplace which is very cozy. Hotel offers free DVD rentals in the l...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babbittron
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

This is the worst place I've ever stayed in Vail/Beaver Creek. I will not be back. Terribly disappointing and the worst customer service I have ever seen. Over priced, paying for 4 star hotel and getting 1 star service. While the rooms are clean, and the bartenders were great, this is the worst front of house staff you'll find. They can't even open a door or greet their guests. I had to prop open the front door and drag my bags inside to find 3 staff members chatting behind the front desk and no guests in sight. I said I didn't know what to do with my luggage and they said I could just leave them against the wall or put them on the cart over there. They should have taken the bags for me. They offered to take my skis and boots to the ski valet. They offered to send my skis out to be turned and I'd have them back by 8am. They wrote my
credit card number, exp date and security code in a post it and left. Not cool. I went up to my room and the door to the adjoining room was open. I closed the door and it didn't lock. I was able to get it to closed, but when I got back after dinner, the door was open again and would lock. I called the front desk and they sent up a bellhop who agreed that the door didn't lock and you can pull it open. He went next door and asked the people not to open the door. He just told the other guests that they can break into my room and walked away. I wasn't comfortable, but he said not to worry people here are decent. They never offered to fix the lock or switch my room. The next day they couldn't find my skis, realized they were at the shop and they should have had them at 8, but I didn't get them back until 10 am. Then they couldn't
find my ski poles. They accused me of not having them and actually had a bellhop say that I
never had ski poles. I described them and they accused me of lying. Then suddenly they
appeared, exactly as I described them and they were rude to me, not even an apology for
accusing me of lying about having given them my poles the day before. They offered to comp my ski tune up and one nights stay, but then charged my credit card. This is the worst hotel and you're better off saving you money and staying at a motel on the highway if you want to be treated poorly. Stay at your own risk. They're a lot of other resorts to stay at at Beaver Creek or Vail. Give them a try before staying at the Osprey.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room that has an adjoining room because anyone can enter. The doors don't lock.
6 Thank McLawton
Cgersbach, General Manager at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear McLawton:

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Osprey. Please accept my sincerest apologies that our guest service did not meet or exceed the expectations we strive to deliver to each of our guests. We are extremely disappointed to hear of this situation and can confidently say that this experience is not at all the norm for our guests. I can assure you that we are addressing each one of the issues stated in your review to make certain this type of situation does not happen again. To all of our guests, on behalf of the management team, we each take personal responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of our guests. We take comments like this very seriously and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely

Hotel: (970) 754-7200
Fax: (970) 754-7295
Lighthouse Point, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel is unbelievable. Don't even have words to describe it. It's so clean, beautiful and very unique. Staff is very friendly all the time. I used the pool and hot tub every night, it was always nice and clean. Breakfast was delicious and we end up having dinner twice at the restaurant because it was really good. It's right next to Beaver Creek Village so you don't have to drive to do anything. Can't wait to go back there.Thumbs up.

Room Tip: Not sure but I think units finishing with 01 and 02 faces the mountain.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Of the three places we stayed in the Vail area, this was easily our favorite. Great location, rooms, and views. The food was fantastic. Staff was attentive and unfailingly pleasant. Easy to hike, Beaver Creek Village, and lifts. We planned to jump around and were so blown away we decided to just stay here, but they didn't have a room. If you're looking for a full resort, not your place. But if you're looking for a great hotel, with a fantastic staff and wonderful everything, this is the place. We will stay here every time we go back.

Room Tip: They're all great.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#4 of 7 in Avon

Been to The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort? Share your experiences!