“Hotel is ok”

Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Family had free rooms for this stay.
I just don't care for the Isle.
The hotel room, a suite, was clean except for the shower stall had some black gunk in the corner.
The suite itself, you have a sitting area with a couch and tv. Doors which open up to a very tiny balcony. It's great if one smokes and doesn't want smoke in the room. Though I don't think it's meant for anything but looks.
The beds are not very comfortable. Although in another one of our suites the bed seemed much more cushy and comfortable.
I had to get some more drinking glasses from maid in hall. She pulled them out of a rack which looked as though they were actually washed, along with coffee cups, instead of being just wiped out.
3 TV's, sitting area, bed and bathroom.
Coffee maker in bathroom.

Had the buffet for lunch twice, it was pretty good. Fairly big selection of food.

I don't care for the casino, rarely win there.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 March 2009

stayed there for a fri. sat. the room was clean but the bed was a little too hard. hotel has a tropical theme. staff was friendly and the cleaning personal were too. asked for extra pillows and they arrived withen minutes. also on sat night had a problem with people accross the hall being extreamly noisy at 3 am. phoned the desk and within minutes security was at their door and handled the matter. the breakfeast buffett was great and at a great price on sat morning. but forget about eating the buffett on sat night the line was way too long and it was in my view too expensive. also go somewhere else to gamble slots were horrible at the isle and it seemed like the dregs of society flock there to play. also it took forever to get a beverage while gambling (i ordered a drink and didnt get it for 40 minutes. they just want you to gamble and they dont want to accomodate you with free drinks). at one point i walked from one end of the casino to the other and only saw one waitress for drinks so maybe they cut back on staff because of the economy who knows. go next door to riviera had great luck there and pretty good luck at some of the smaller casinos up the street. next time i go i think ill stay at their sister hotel the union station hotel. it seemed cleaner and more relaxed. or if its after sep 2009 i will stay at the new ameristar hotel they are building. by the looks of it the views of blackhawk and the mountians will be great. so to wrap it up the isle of capri motel is fine to stay at but do your gambling somewhere else

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2009

The hotel has a carribean theme to it. We had the paradise suite with a 2 person jacuzzi in the room, french doors that opened for fresh air and 3 TV's and lots of room. It's not vegas, but it's great for Black Hawk Colorado. We received a free buffet breakfast for 2, and buy 1 get one free for dinner at the steakhouse upon check in. The steakhouse was great, delicious steak, and impeccable service. Nice place to play for a night on the way back home from skiing.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunwave5
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Even though our room had a view of the fake wall on the hill and the parking lot, it was cozy, clean, and comfortable. The rooms and hotel in general was very colorful and well cared for. The bed was amazing, we shared a king size. We had a great time, and for the money, you can't beat it. The need a hot tub and a pool, though.
However, the bar waitresses ranged from horrible (non-existant) to amazing, (around every 20 minutes to refresh our drinks). Just be prepared to hunt for your own drink. If you tip a good waitress, it's worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2009

June 27, 2008 the first night of a 10 day vacation,got to the hotel,got our rooms and went down to the gambling area,tried our luck and had some fun,then decided to go eat. Had avery nice meal, with a very wide selection of food. Then went back to the machines.About 9:30 decided to go te the room and enjoy the very large whirlpool in our room,sat there and watched the news and a little tv, and then went to bed.
Got up early and my parnter was complaining about his arms itching,looked at him and he was all bumps and red spots, told him to shower and wash very well as may have been the sheets,different laundry soap. So we headed on the start of our vacation.By the time we were 2 hours down the road he was itching so bad we had to stop and get some lotion for is arms,to try and stop the itch,we got lotion and pills,and took off again.
Well to make a long story short we ended up at a clinic for a Dr. to see what was wrong,got more pills (stronger) and tried to keep going. Well this got nothing but worse and he was so uncomfortable that we turned around and went home. Next day to his Dr. he took test and was to send it in and see what it could be , gave him a shot and home we went 2 more days went by and now back at the doctor another shot and home, 2 mores days and back he says he had a infection from the wirlpool bath at the hotel!! It's from the water that sits in the jets and get ols and grows dad things. Well about a month later when i called the hotel and told them what happened (sent pictures) they sent us to there insrance company. and that was in June, well now that it's the middle of January 2009, she call and said that they would pay us $750.00 for all our trouble!!!! How nice, the DR. bills were $500.00 and we missed all our vacation and he missed a week of work. So my advice to you is don" get in the water, as this is the cheapest place i have ever seen for taking care of there guest. I mean really $250.00 for a weeks work and missing a 10 day vacation.
Oh by the way they have all the pictures !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank thenotravelvacation
Reviewed 15 November 2008

The clerk at the front desk was very nice and gave us 2 free buffets. I was not a fan of the room decoration, it looked cheap to me.
The room was clean and we had a TV in the bathroom, another one in front of the bed and the third on in the living room area. No idea why so many TVs, we didn't spend any time in the room...
The price was only $129 so that was def a plus.
I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and want an ok place to stay at. This hotel is just average nothing spectacular about it.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2008

I 've always LOVED to stay with you!! The rooms are great and the peolpe are very sweet. I've always enjoyed my stay except for this last time. I brought a friend with me, she loved the place but I was alittle let down when I found out by her latter that she could've gotten 10 dollars in free play and so could I, plus a free gift for bring her the 1st time. No one told us this , not even at the players club when we went to get her a card. I know it's hard winning at the slots but when you got something comming to you , why is it so hard to tell us. Your movies are a bit high too. wish you could come down to earth just a little on somethings. I LOVE that you now have slot turnaments with free stay if you play. My hubie and I love to play in them. I "ll always stay and play with you if you 'll keep up on things. The food is soooo great. I had brekfast in my room , is was the GREATEST I've ever had!!! More then I could eat. I would still tell enyone that your the place to go!! I'm just a litle sorry about not being told some thing that could 've made my stay much better!! See ya down the line. ty

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Black Hawk
#3 of 14 in Winter Park
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk? Share your experiences!