“Best buffet in Blackhawk”

Monarch Casino Black Hawk
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Black Hawk
More attraction details
Owner description: New name. Same friendly place.Monarch Casino Black Hawk features hot, new Exclusive Premiere slots, exciting tables games, a sensational nightly Whole Maine Lobster, Alaskan Crab and USDA Prime Rib buffet and Black Hawk’s friendliest team. With over 700 slots, video poker and action-packed table games, Monarch Casino Black Hawk offers great gaming, great benefits and great rewards.Monarch Casino Black Hawk is conveniently located 45 minutes west of Denver in the historical mining town of Black Hawk. It is the first casino you see when you arrive from Denver on Highway 119. Valet and covered self-parking are available for your convenience. Monarch Casino – you bet it’s fun!Monarch Casino is a Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. property. Visit us at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno, NV for more exciting gaming and resort options.
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We only gamble a few times a year and usually go to the place across the street. This buffet far outshines any I have been to recently. They have a variety of table games to play and even more slots. We had good luck so that always helps the experience!! The service was great from the valet to the buffet, from customer service to the floor and the dealers. I even commented that this place could cause me to gamble more often

2  Thank Rod P

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The best thing about this place is the buffet which is great with really lovely decor. The casino - Eh! The service isn't great, I had to track down a manager to find out where the servers were so I could get a bottle of water after gambling there for over an hour. They had ?x play on slots and poker machines which I signed up for and the next day I asked one of the casino folks to check how many points I had and the multiplier hadn't been added to my account for some reason so they sent me to the casino host. I still don't know if the points were added. The casino is being remodeled and expanded, let's hope they hire some folks with good customer service skills. Also didn't win a thing here, the slots are pretty tight and one machine broke down on me and I had to wave at the slot techs to get their attention after waiting for quite a while with the service light on. They seem more interested in visiting with each other than helping the customers. I won't gamble here for a while.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Was very excited to visit a new casino in Blackhawk over the weekend, the only thing good I have to say is the food tasted good at the buffet. Got very poor service at the buffet and also in the casino. The machine that I was playing kept going offline and I watched 5 employees walk by me and not a single one offered to help. Will not go back to this casino ever.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We love this casino. Best odds in black hawk and the buffet is very good, especially on the weekends when they have lobster tails with your meal.

2  Thank Weimy99
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hawking desperately as you walk buy the craps tables, telling my friend and I that you WILL make money....True scams and cons....Nothing like this at any of the other casinos. When mentioned to the casino room manager, he was so rude, and arrogant, that I will never go back, and encourage everyone to try a classier casino....which is easy.. Yes Black Hawk has great casinos....Ameristar being a shining example......Management needs to change here.You would think that after spending in excess of a few hundred dollars, resolving a simple complaint with a manager would be easy, as I consider my self a good customer. I was basically told that Hawing is encouraged, and taking my money was his pleasure...I was shocked to be treated so poorly. Oh and the food......Forget the lobster and crab legs. If you know anything about sea food, fresh is vitally important....I cant believe they can get away with the food served. Bullish attempts by management to get you on the tables is tacky. No wonder the place was empty......

4  Thank wendy v