“Don't look for comfort.”

Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Denver, Colorado
“Don't look for comfort.”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

While the King size room was spacious and clean enough, the hard rock bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. Don't expect a good night's sleep. Spend the extra money somewhere else. It will be worth it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gambler50_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 17 September 2010

...but if you play your cards right, you can pay more. For $138 a night I really would expect more. No joke, I have paid less to stay at the Bellagio (which happens to have the world’s largest chocolate fountain if you were unaware). I have stayed in far worse places, but I have anticipated those places being a bit off based on the status of the particular country they were in. If I am going somewhere just to get out of the city I would like a nice-ish place to do it. I was feeling cheap and chose to stay here instead of the Ameristar and am now sad.
If you are looking for a place to rest your head in between stretches of blackjack I'm sure it's fine if you are from a developing nation and have never used a bed. When I awoke Sunday morning after a very conservative night my back hurt so bad that I considered becoming addicted to heroin. My wife also was in a considerable amount of pain in other important orthopedic locations on her body. I have been many places and would without a doubt count the bed here as one of the 3 worst beds I can recall. One of them was stuffed with some type of hay and I was hemorrhaging from my butt. Really, it was not a good bed (the one in Blackhawk I mean). If you like your pillows at home...bring them here. The pillows seem to be about as pillow-like as a folded handkerchief. Folded more than once of course...but still.
For some reason the hotel lobby/check-in desk is in the garage. It's on the main floor of the garage, but still in the garage. What is great is that happens to also be where the valet is. You can either park your car in the garage, or you can have someone do it for you in the spot next to where you might have parked yourself. I'm sure there is a sound reason for a valet somewhere, but here it just feels weird. Have you been to the rental car booths in the parking lots at airports? The check in desk is just like that. I wish I would have taken the time to notice whether or not the gals working the desk were cherry red secondary to carbon monoxide poisoning. I bet they were.
The Casino that you walk across a bridge to get to is smallish and weird. Maybe it's the clientele, but I thought it was weird. Really, I thought the whole place was weird in a Twin Peaks kind of way. I was unable to play cards because I was keeping my eyes peeled for a backwards talking midget and a one armed shoe salesman. It was weird, from stem to stern. For the kind of money I put down and the weirdness of the place I thought they might at least have $5 blackjack, nope. After multiple passes during multiple times of day I saw a $5 table once, for just a moment. I may be wrong, that might have been the Ameristar. They did have a slot machine that had a monkey or a lion or something on it, that was kind of fun for a few minutes.
We went looking for the restaurant and maybe a lobby that was not in the garage but came across some type of abandoned calypso bar and got kind of freaked out to be honest with you. We turned around after that and figured that there might be somewhere else to eat. If you like pictures of trains, you should stay here. You'll see. The elevator bell is the loudest I have ever heard as well, for real, it's really really loud. It's not a big deal, it just adds to the overall weirdness of the place.
They have a lot of good cable channels. I don't have cable at home and like to watch it in hotels. If you don't sit on the bed to watch the cable channels you will be alright. You should only use the bed if you feel guilty about something you have done. If you have missed a funeral for a close relative (mother, brother, sister and so one) you should sit on the bed.
On the upside, it's a short walk to the Ameristar which I should have stayed at but did not due to the fact that it was $10-20 more expensive. I have stayed there in the past and will not bugger myself again over money that I will lose in the casino anyway.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jackburton9807
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The rooms are very clean and up-to-date. The decor is pretty modern and the entire room was spotless. The beds aren't great but that was the only downside of the entire hotel. Near the center of Blackhawk so close to everything.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
colorado
Reviewed 27 January 2010

We went to Blackhawk for my husband's 50th birthday and our daughter's 21 birthday. When we got home we found bed bugs! We called the hotel to let them know and the girl that answered said they were not unaware of the problem but we had to talk to the controller. We left our phone number and guess what he never called us back. We thought we were doing the right thing in telling the hotel so no one else would have to go through what we've gone through to get rid of them but I guess the hotel doesn't care!

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
9 Thank xvx
Enid, Ok
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Our room was a delight- has been redecorated and very spacious. We parked our vehicle in the parking garage and never moved it until we checked out- two days later. There are free bus's to take you everywhere and you rarely wait more than 5 minutes. They have a wonderful steak house (reservations) called Farradays and excellent service and a pretty good diner. We even managed to win a small amount of money, but mostly contributed and didn't mind at all. The free bus takes you from Black Hawk to Central City (a mile away) and to every canino along the way. A great get away even for those of us well over 21........................................

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank antiquelover20
Wichita
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Room was very clean and arranged logically. Really appreciated the combo TV stand and chest-of-drawers. The drawers did not require very much bending over to access which is a nice touch for ederly occupants. Each day when we returned, the room was clean and restopcked and looked and smelled fresh. Easy, temperature controlled, access to the casinos/restaurants kept us in short sleeves during most of our stay. We will stay here again this summer

• Stayed February 2009
2 Thank darthcruzr
BC
Reviewed 22 July 2008

This hotel/casino is in the newer part of town - very nice large rooms. Very clean and reasonable priced. We are not gamblers so we took the free bus thru town and enjoyed the view. Good buffet for cheap at the Rivieria.

• Liked — good location - the scenery in this area is fantastic
  • Disliked — enjoyed this entire area and hotel - no dislikes at all
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank chardBc
#2 of 3 in Central City
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Nicki Lee Mansion

Been to Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk? Share your experiences!