“Great Place”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Liked everything about this place: Location, Restaurants at the hotel, service, modern facilities, comfortable rooms

Visited April 2014

Denver, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is one of my favorite places in Colorado. It is a lovely Colorado style hotel with large, tidy rooms. The staff is always helpful, friendly and professional. I would love to work here if it weren't for the weird rule that employees can't stay or gamble there....What? I stay here pretty much every month or so due to some great perks from the players club card, or it used to be before the change in ownership. I used to get 2 free nights, now I'm getting one free night and a discounted rate on the 2nd night. Still a good deal but I won't go as often so really, they are losing money on this new system. The casino is hit or miss. Love the games but they aren't very loose compared with some other casinos in town. The restaurants are good, never have had a bad meal here. Love it!

Visited February 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best casino in Black Hawk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everyone was super friendly. I was always getting stopped to check that I had a wrist band and no one was ever rude, unlike some other casinos. Lots of choice of slots and table games. Bars were great! Loved the live music. Atmosphere overall was fun and energetic.

Visited April 2014
Arvada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Ameristar on Tuesday, March 4th for the first time. We arrived at 5pm and were told our room wasn't ready yet due to short staffed housekeeping. No problem, so we went and gambled a bit. We finally got our room around 6 and it was worth the wait. The room was beautiful. Spacious, comfortable and made me think of Vegas! The only issues I had were the pillows were too fluffy and the door had a gap in it so you could see light, but other than that, the room was great. We used the pool and hot tubs the next morning and they were nice and relaxing. For my first stay in Black Hawk it was amazing.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very dirty!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our room was so filthy! There were stains on the bed skirt snd blanket, crumbs all over the floor every surface had a layer of dust, the toilet was disgusting and there was no soap to wash your hands.. We paid 267.00 for a double queen room OUTRAGEOUS!! We have stayed here quite a few times and have always been satisfied, this time however, not the case! The prices are high and the quality is low.

Visited February 2014