“Nice casino with good service”

Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Black Hawk
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Drove up to blow a few buck. Nice big, clean casino. Waitresses were very attentive. Lots of slots to choose from. Craps were a blast. One of the nicer places in Black Hawk.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stopped in for a break, signed up with the club. Played my free five and left with free dinner and 40 in my pocket. A good time was had by all.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This appeared to me to be the largest casino on the black hawk / central city area the slots were tight and the tables no better

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I always loved this casino. They truly valued their customers and had wonderful perks and comps. Since it was last sold, the perks and comps are minimal and that is if you are lucky to get any at all. They do not value their seniors in the same way other casinos in Black Hawk do such as the Isle and Monarch Casinos, who offer great deals on buffets certain days of the week and room comps and discounts. They also have poor pay tables on Jacks or Better video poker. At some casinos, you can get 9/5 on the quarter machines ( should really pay 9/6). At Ameristar, they are paying 8/5. Their buffet quality has also taken a turn for the worse. When the Hyatt opened it several years ago, the Timberline Grill was exceptional, now it is less than mediocre. The Fireside Kitchen is still good for breakfast, but without the wonderful comps they used to give, they won't be seeing me anytime soon there, either. I hope that Ameristar will take my review seriously, and be the high-class establishment it used to be.

8  Thank sophisticatedlady_11
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been coming to Black Hawk Ameristar since the opening, I loved this place because of the customer service, nice buffet , kid friendly environment and best of all fun to play slot machines, I never hit the jackpot but played for fun. This place changed ownership 3 times so far, 2nd owners where the best in Casino business. we enjoyed spending money here at least one time a month even with 3.5 hr drive, since the pinnacle taking over no comp rooms, no comp food and tighter slots. we are spending our weekends in other casinos or dining venues even when we stay at the Ameristar paying 60 dollars for the eve. hope this management figure out quick what is damaging their Casino business , being a business man I watched some of these casino's going belly up quick not because of the looser slots or comp they give out but customers not dummies or cattle in the field, they are smart and they care less about your bright colored carpet or loud music to make you hyped up, nice perfume smell in the air though, I am sure you guys did a million dollar study to a consulting firm to figure out what causes customers to stick around and spend more . Check out Trump Casino in Atlantic city , It could happened to you.

3  Thank 118JamesT118