“Great Sandwiches”

Murphy's
Ranked #256 of 577 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Description: Murphy's has been serving Boulder since 1984! The original Murphy's in North Boulder was started in 1984. Since then we have worked hard to keep ahead of the times without losing that comfortable neighborhood feel that is so pleasant. We're happy to have you join us whether it be in South Boulder, North Boulder, or our Louisville, CO Tap House. Murphy's does a contemporary take on American cuisine. We mix old favorites like meatloaf and make it with Bison and top it with mushroom-shallot gravy. Our bar has all of the best beers from around the world as well as great local craft beers. Our drinks harken back to the golden days of well made cocktails like the Old Fashioned. We aim for you to be comfortable whether you are a new-born or shall we say slightly older. Our goal is to be the best neighborhood restaurant you could hope for!
Broomfield, Colorado
“Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Great steak sandwich served with aoili. The menu suffers a little bit from a lack of focus, there's types of food from all over, but most things have been above average.

Love the small dessert brownie!

Visited March 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“Slightly above-average strip mall restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This review relates to Murphy's South in Boulder, a decent place to grab a bite, sit outside or eat inside, which is noisier. Average and fairly uninspired menu but the food is decent and prices are reasonable.

• Visited July 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Last night, I ate at Murphy's with my two sons. We have eaten there plenty of times in the past and have had good experiences and food. After receiving our meals, one of my sons noticed a very unusual odor coming from his plate. After smelling every food item on his plate, he concluded it was his burrito and asked me if I agreed. I was horrified when I smelled his flour tortilla shell! It literally smelled like someone did not wash their hands after they went #2! When the waitress returned, I told her his burrito smelled like the cook hadn't washed his/her hands after using the bathroom. It was awful. I asked her to take the plate and we asked for a new burrito. I also told her to inform the cook staff and manager so that it didn't happen again. We then waited for quite some time for the replacement dish, which should have taken just a few minutes to make and bring back out. The manager ended up bringing the new plate to my son and never offered an apology. Luckily, the new burrito smelled completely normal. When I received my bill, the burrito was still on. I was very disappointed with the way in which this incident was handled. I do not recommend Murphy's in South Boulder.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank TL781
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed experiences”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Sometime this place is great and sometimes it falls very short. Our most recent experience was so bad that we said we would not go back. The food is not bad and in fact I love several of the items, but the service is very hit and miss. I love the convenience of the location, but I am no longer willing to put up with the service. If I ever go back I will only stay and sit at the bar if Ilene is working.

SF Bay Area, California
“Plain decor, good food”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The diverse menu offers a number of choices. Our choices were prepared well. The "small" desert with a small piece of cake and a small scoop of ice cream was quite good.

Visited April 2012