“House of Art and Cards”
Review of Leanin' Tree

Leanin' Tree
Ranked #2 of 35 Shopping in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 65 years, Leanin' Tree has been spreading smiles across America with our unique greeting cards. Come join us for FREE production tours to see how greeting cards are made! Our gift shop features discounted Leanin' Tree products, including Colorado's largest selection of greeting cards, unique gifts (many made right here in Colorado!), as well as a year round Christmas room.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Although the art work is more old west which is not my cup of tea, it is extraordinarily beautiful! They also make greeting unique greeting cards which are available for purchase.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Friends visiting from France had Leanin' Tree Museum on their list of place to see in Boulder. I had never heard of it and wasn't sure what it would be like. From the sculpture garden to the friendly welcome by its staff, the experience was great. Interesting western and nature art, some kind of kitchy but most really nice. Enjoyed it immensely and have already recommended to locals who did not know of its existence. A real gem!

1  Thank mb56
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was sure the museum wouldn't have "real art" I was surprised at the exquisite quality of some of the paintings inside! I am familiar with the cards and expected a tourist destination. It is worth a visit and its free or donation.

1  Thank lynne&greg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice stop after the Celestial Seasoning tour. It is just down the street. The art paintings and sculptures were very beautiful inside and out. The card shop was fun to browse through.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful free museum of bronzes and paintings a very close drive from Boulder. The sculpture garden even has two bronzes you can sit on for photo ops-- great for kids. Inside are two floors of artwork and a gift shop full of greeting cards, among other things. Labels for each piece of art give an abundance of information on the artist and time in which it was created. I spent much longer here than I thought I would, and I'm glad I did. Photos are allowed.

Staff were very friendly and helpful with other nearby attractions. There is not much in the immediate vicinity, aside from the Celestial Seasonings factory and tour, also worth a visit. Plenty of parking.

1  Thank Gillian A