“Weekend trip”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Omaha, ne
“Weekend trip”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We loved everything about this place! prices are very reasonable, we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious. We loved the location. The staff was very friendly and were very good at giving directions and giving lots of great advice. We would love to come back this summer and stay with our girls.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Salida, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

What a great little tucked away gem! Nice, cozy and gorgeous. Was there in winter but I'm sure it's even more awesome in warmer months when you can stroll down Boulder Creek to get to town and back. So convenient. Really nice and accommodating folks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee H
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The room was very nice, cozy. The views were gorgeous! The staff was very friendly. The only complaint I had was the nose coming from the room next door. They were polite enough to keep it down after ten pm, and they were never really loud or rambunctious, but the walls were just a little too thin for someone who really needed to sleep after twelve hours of driving, looking forward to another day of twelve hours of driving. It wasn't bad enough to complain about, and the fresh air and beauty made up for it, just something to be aware of.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sara H
Bridgette L, Manager at Foot of the Mountain Motel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for appreciating our very special property. Although rooms are well sealed for heating comfort there is a noise challenge if your neighbors forget there are people next door as well. It is always good to remember that if a guest wants a quiet place to stay, which most of our guests do, that it is pertinent for guests sharing a common wall to understand this too.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked two nights here while visiting my grad student son. I picked it primarily for its older charm and location near the Boulder Canyon. The location was amazing, and the views outside my small room (back window) were incredible. There is a grassy area with picnic tables behind the motel, and views to the Flatirons. The fall leaves were changing, too, which added to the beauty. It is right behind the Eben C. Fine Park, which is currently closed due to flooding, but I was still able to walk around near the park.

The room itself was very simple and pine cabin-like. Bath was small but very clean. Overall, it was fine for me traveling alone (the room was only $80!), but I would get a larger room if I were with my husband.There is also a light breakfast with fruit, muffins, oatmeal, and coffee.

The manager, Bridgette, is very nice and friendly. The only thing I would suggest is a blow dryer in the room. Otherwise, I loved this place, and I would definitely return. It's a great bargain and so quaint! The location is unbeatable if you enjoy the outdoors and a simple place to stay in a hectic world...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JanineTucson_Arizona
It's great to hear how our charming property works for each guest. We do have loaner items in the office such as: hairdryers, iron and boards, dishware, etc. Please just ask and we would be happy to see what we can do to assist.
Wyoming
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through Colorado and chose this motel based on reviews. We weren't disappointed, but if you are expecting a fancy, well appointed room with all the bells and whistles, go elsewhere. However, if you looking for clean, charming, and comfortable, this is it. They are also pet friendly. The rooms are VERY rustic. The restrooms have been updated, but other than that, the furnishings, bedspreads and even the tv, are very retro and rustic. The room was very clean, though. The beds were comfortable, there was a small fridge and plenty of towels, etc. Please note, however, there was no shampoo, no blow dryer, no iron, and no coffee maker. This made no difference to me, as I usually travel with my own toiletries and blow dryer. Also, there are pastries and coffee served in the office for breakfast and hot tea available all day. There is free wifi and it had a good signal. The only really drawback is the bathroom lighting. The grounds are very charming and situated directly across the street from Boulder Creek and within waking distance to Pearl Street. There is also a very nice dog area behind the motel. The check in was a breeze and the desk person, I believe his name was Mark?, was very nice and helpful. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and good value.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justmegloryb
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The staff, location, grounds, cleanliness, and value for the cost are outstanding at this motel. I've stayed here a couple of times a year since 2007 and have always had a great experience. Bridgette is so welcoming and helpful. I've dealt less with other staff, but they've been very helpful as well. This motel has a considerable amount of repeat business and customer loyalty. Almost every time I've stayed, I've chatted with other guests who, like me, have stayed there before and try to come every year.

Boulder is expensive, and the prices at this motel can't be beaten, especially for such a convenient location. This motel could easily charge more and get away with it, and I appreciate that they don't gouge their customers. Given Boulder's land values, I'm frankly amazed that this beautiful spot hasn't been sold to a developer or that the motel hasn't been converted to high-priced accommodations. It's wonderful and most unusual that the motel's period architecture and feel have been maintained.

Although close to CU, Boulder Creek, and the heart of town, the motel is quiet and peaceful, which I haven't experienced at other places in Boulder that are this close in. Good hiking trails and the creek path are nearby, all of which I love. It's very nice to be able to sit out back at the picnic tables and look at the beautiful scenery.

The rooms are equipped with small refrigerators. The smaller suite has a small kitchen; the larger one has a full kitchen. Both suites access a shared private porch and hot tub. The parking lot can't accommodate multiple vehicles per room, but there is nearby parking for the Eben G. Fine park across the street.

This motel is a throwback to an older era of quaint motels, which I so enjoy. But older motels aren't for everyone, so if you're looking for something newer, upscale, and with luxury furnishings, flooring and other touches, this isn't the place for you. Some of the furnishings, carpet and draperies are older. When I stay in older motels, I'm always concerned about the mattress age and quality, and I've never had a problem with the beds in any of the rooms in which I've stayed here. If you're a very light sleeper, I suggest earplugs or a white noise machine; there are fans in the rooms which can provide that white noise.

If you enjoy motels from a bygone era, this one is well-maintained and clean. I've enjoyed all of the regular rooms I've stayed in, as well the two suites. The rooms are variable sizes and all a little different, which I like -- it's not the formulaic, pre-fab layout of chain motels.

Boulder gets quite crowded at times, especially due to university events, so book early. The Boulder area is in the midst of terrible rains and unusual flooding right now, so I hope that the motel and everyone associated with it are safe.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hanoi
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This place is fantastic value for money - the room was a decent size and en suite. Also free wifi which I feel should be pretty much expected now when I stay somewhere.

Unfortunately the timing of my visit wasn't great as it was during the recent flash floods - I had a nervous night watching Boulder Creek below - they do have a member of staff on site 24 hours in case of any problems though and this was good to know. He had to reassure a number of us who were holed up in our rooms watching the rain! We were thankfully the lucky ones.

I drove into town due to the rain but would have happily walked so it is well located for Pearl Street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo