“Heaven in a pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Locale

Pizzeria Locale
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Locale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 572 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th
Description: Modern Pizzeria Neapolitan Style
“Heaven in a pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here with a business associate last night - I've been here several times before with my university student daughter - it's always a first request. Last night we ate at the counter, which was a treat - loved watching the pizza masters in action as we eagerly awaited our own pies. I had the camagnola with some added mozzarella - ate the delicious leftovers for breakfast today. Service was friendly, and the environment was lively. Paired my pie with a glass of the rosso vino. Can't wait to go back!!

Colorado
“Great little place for Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Fresh ingredients make for great pizza and Locale has it down. The drinks are great, the service is wonderful and the atmosphere is fun. If you are visiting Boulder, this is a great place to stop for lunch or an informal dinner.

Visited July 2014
Broomfield
“Amazing pizza!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great place for pizza! The oven is imported from Italy and is the only one like it in Colorado. You can sit at the bar around the kitchen and watch them make and bake the pizzas as well as all of the other menu items. During happy hour, they offer an $8 Margherita pizza and the mini budino (yum) for $2 as well as several other tasty choices. They also have a lunch special of a Margherita pizza and a Coke for $10. We have sampled several of their pizzas, and each one was excellent. Our favorite was one that included zucchini blossoms that is not often on their menu, but when it is it is worth a visit! These pizzas are served as they are in Italy - individually (although my wife and I have split one before and added an appetizer and were full), and unsliced. They are eaten in the traditional manner - with a knife and fork. We have been here nearly a dozen times and have enjoyed each visit.

• Visited June 2014
Canton, Michigan
“perfect al fresco lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We ate here for lunch during a day trip to Boulder. We sat outside and had great service from several waiters. They replaced my husband's wine when a bug flew in it without hesitation and offered us advice on local sites. Everybody was as friendly and helpful as you could hope for.

We shared the Diavola pizza and the octopus salad, which they split for us. The salad was great. You should try it. The pizza was reminiscent of that we had in Italy. Yum! I'd go back without hesitation. I wish we had something similar where we live but no dice. It was a perfect al fresco vacation lunch. I thought it was well priced for the service, food quality, and ambiance.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jen1214
IL
“A fun place for dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a fun upscale pizza spot. The quarters are a little cramped, but if you can get in, you'll very much enjoy yourself. My wife and I shared a great pizza and a salad and a few cocktails. All good stuff.

• Visited June 2014