“Delicious, healthy food and a great value”
Review of Next Door

Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th Street
Fairfax, Virginia
“Delicious, healthy food and a great value”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My husband and I took advantage of the kitchen [next door's] "Community Hour Menu" that is offered 7 days a week from 3 - 6. Basically, it's a happy hour special, but SO much better than most restos. We had the Veggie Antipasti Plate for $4, shared a beer, and then ordered the quinoa and roasted veggie salads from the menu. The roasted beets were AMAZING. Everything was simply prepared, but fresh and delicious. The servers were attentive but not overbearing, and the dining room has a hip, urban feel. I also appreciate that they source ingredients locally and give back to the community. But then, hey, this is Boulder. I can't wait to return next year. Will definitely come back to the kitchen [next door], since everything was so fresh and reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“The real deal.”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Kitchen (Next door) is the budget equivalent of the Kitchen to which it sits attached next door. The only differences-more toddler friendly, smaller portions and fewer selections. But the same outstanding food. Even the kids commented how great their lunches were and the three year old cleaned his plate cleaner than his mom's. Great service, great beer, great sandwiches with lots of veggie choices. And the bill was the best thing-small.

• Visited August 2011
houstonburbs
“Well worth looking for a parking space!”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

WOW! Incredible soups and freah bread! Homemade ham and corn fritters! Fantastic service! Like I said, well worth looking for a parking space! Great local flair

• Visited October 2011
Boulder, Colorado
“My daughter and I got so sick after lunch”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We love the Kitchen and had been looking forward to eating "next door". We shared the kale chips which were delicious and had different sandwiches About 2 hours after we ate,
my daughter called me to say how nauseous she felt. I did too and still do. Not sure if I should call the health department but we will definitely not be going back.

• Visited September 2011
north carolina
“Great”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Loved that they had Gluten free bread and loved the Kale Chips especially.
Great place and reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2011