“Lovely hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We loved the bed, the sheets, the laundry room, the pancake house across the street, and the quick walk to downtown Boulder. We also got a great deal on priceline, which made this spot even better!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maggie23_12
BoulderMarriott, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to having you stay agian in the future.

The Boulder Marriott Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is my time here in Boulder. This is by far one of my favorite Marriott's to date. Great location, staff, super clean room, and Starbucks in the bar area! I don't think there is a bad room on property. I have attached a copy of the view out my third floor room, yes, it's looking over a parking lot, but look a little further at the rockies.

I had a king room with sofa bed, so the room was very large, also had HD reception on the flatscreen. I was also provided a mini fridge - a nice little surprise since very few properties seem to provide this feature. There is a nice large bath/vanity area with tub/shower combo. The bed was extremely comfortable with the pillow top. Since my room faced the east, the sun-blocker blinds kept the sun out in the early hours.

I had a little time to see some local sights. I highly recommend the Rocky Mountain National Park. It is about 45 minutes to one of the entrances and the cost is $20/car. There are several hundred miles of hiking trails from novice the expert. There are wild animals everywhere and the views at higher altitude absolutely awesome.

There is one minor drawback... parking is $10/night. This is a bargain considering some Marriott's charge between $20 - $45!

I will be staying on my next visit.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Coastie16
BoulderMarriott, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We look forward to having you back in Boulder at the Boulder Marriott.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

This was our first visit to this Marriott and we were very pleased with the property. It seems new and is clean and modern. Our room was nicely furnished and the beds were comfortable. There's a Starbucks in the lobby and a minibar where you can get a glass of wine. There's also a restaurant on site but we didn't visit it. The pool and exercise areas were nice.

The quirks were these. 1) When I first tried to book the room online, there was a special price available of $129.00. Before I could confirm the reservation, the session mysteriously timed out. I logged back in and the price now was $132.00. Timed out again before I could confirm. The third try listed the price at $136.00! I felt like I was buying an airline ticket. I called reservations and the person said that they had other complaints about this problem. He couldn't offer the original price but he could offer an upgrade which we accepted. The upgrade must have been the corner room we got. It was big and had lots of nice windows and a good view of the parking lot and gravel roof. (It appears that if you want a view you're going to have to opt for one of the upper 2 floors.) The beds were different from what we wanted but we didn't complain. 2)The air conditioning/heating system was so huge that it could have cooled a manufacturing plant. It was also loud so we turned it off and just opened the windows. 3)Only 1 individual packet of coffee for the morning. 4) Free wireless was hard to access. Had to go down to the front desk for help. Apparently wireless costs $12.95 per day during week days. 5) We bought a $10.00 underground parking pass because parking outside the hotel was limited to 3 hours. However, it seemed most of the other guests parked a few feet away in a free public shopping lot.

Our check in experience was OK but the young woman at the front desk seemed bored and didn't greet us as Reward members. Maybe Boulder is so popular that the help gets blase.

Room Tip: Check out the corner room before you unpack. Turn on the AC to be sure it doesn't sould like a j...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BoulderMarriott, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We will utilize this information to help us better serve you and our future guests.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

The problem as I see it with Boulder is that the accommodation is either over priced or bad so faced with those two options I booked and stayed at the Boulder Marriott.

When I say weird at night I could go the lobby and get free soda but during day time it would be charged.

The room was large, comfortable but dated.

The entire hotel needs a freshen up.

Service staff are friendly and engaging.

Location, well make sure you have a car to get around or a bike or something.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate you taking the time give us your feedback. We are continually striving tto be the best and our customer reviews help us to realize that goal.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I recently visited Boulder for business, and everything I needed was in the Marriot including the seminar (very convenient for me). I felt comfortable during my stay. The hotel was nicely maintained and very green! 24/7 front desk service and access to fitness center. It is about a mile walk to downtown and located in a nice shopping area with restaurants near by. I really liked everything about my stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Smoofoo500
BoulderMarriott, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Boulder Marriott. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012 via mobile

As Marriotts go, ths one is on small side which is nice. A bit pricey in my view epecially considering location, and not a lot to do. Rooms are typical Marriott. Hotel is starting to show its age. They charge to park in garage under hotel which is a ripoff. I understand that in a major city but not here in Boulder. Use the free parking in adjacent shopping areas.

Location is not close to Pearl Street pedestrian mall area. Would have to make short drive there and find parking. If you want to be right there then choose The Boulderado or St. Julien.

Bottom line-- an adequate business traveler hotel, but if you want to be near the Pearl Street activity or if you are on vacation, the Boulderado or St. Julien are better values and a nicer experience.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ron S
BoulderMarriott, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate your time and value your feedback. We are continuously striving toward creating the best possible experience for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

Vestal New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Very pleasant hotel, with comfortable beds, quiet location. Internet is free if you are a Marriott Elite member, but only the sired worked in my room
Has a few nice twists from your typical Marriott - a number of rooftop terraces you can sit out on overlooking the scenery; some face the mountains and the other the streets. The lobby has several comfy couches facing a "fire". There are many shops adjacent to the hotel and a shopping center across the street. Many restaurants within walking distance.
Downside - $200 including tax a night.

Room Tip: The higher the better, so ask for the 4th floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business