“Heart if Boulder ”
Review of Boulder Marriott

Boulder Marriott
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in a nice location. It certainly has the feel if a Marriott, and the central location is great. Pretty good food in the hotel restaurant and very friendly staff. When coming to Boulder on business or for a Buffalo's game, this is a great choice.

Stayed: August 2014
Roxanne G, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Ron,

On behalf of the entire Boulder Marriott Team, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and are grateful for your compliments to our staff! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next trip to Boulder and the opportunity to serve you, perhaps for an upcoming Buffs game! Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Physically this property is a middle of the road Marriot Hotel.

But 3 aspects of the hotel improve the experience.

(1) The staff are excellent, helpful and attentive, the hotel in in good hands.
(2) The location, 100 meters to the 29th Street Mall, 30 Min. pleasant walk to Pearl St.,
(3) The awesome view of the mountains, ask for a room with a mountain view.

I visited as a business traveler to Boulder and I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view on the highest floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Irish_Elec_Eng
Roxanne G, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are so pleased to hear that our staff, location, and mountain views made your stay an excellent one. We look forward to your next trip to Boulder and the opportunity to serve you! Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel charges really high rates for nothing special. The rooms are okay (if a little dated), and it is clean. However, given the price I was expecting a lot more. I have stayed in quite a few Marriotts over the years and I would rate this one as "below average". Unlike other travellers in the reviews I was offered free internet access. Given the extortionate prices I would probably choose somewhere else in Boulder next time though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BoulderMarriott, Director of Sales at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. I wanted to make you aware that we will be undergoing a complete and full renovation in the very near future. We would love to have the opportunity to host you again and have you experience our newly remodeled product. Thank you for your time and if you have any questions regarding the renovation, please call 303-440-8877 and ask for Justin in sales.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location and the view are spectacular, after that, its really just a basic hotel. We really didn't spend much time at the hotel, because there was little incentive to do so. Lacks a nice outdoor area or room balcony which we enjoy.
Staff was courteous and helpful and the rooms were clean, but not very impressive at this price. I'd stay here again for the location but my expectations of the property were simply more than I got from my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott. We are happy you enjoyed our wonderful location. For future stays, I wanted to be sure you knew about our outdoor patio located on our 5th floor. It is open to our hotel guests and features amazing views of the Rocky Mountains. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Boulder is such a great town and this Marriott puts you right at its heart. Location couldn't be better. We spent two pleasant nights at the hotel and, being Marriott veterans, found it ti be just as we expected. The room was clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the view from our window of the Flatirons was splendid. I didn't give the hotel five stars because I'm a hard grader. Would we stay at this Marriott again? Yes, in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Go for the highest floor possible and a room with windows facing the Flatirons.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next trip to Boulder and the opportunity to serve you and your family. Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Boulder, Marriott on the eigth leg of a US road trip.

Check in was swift and no problem and in fact the male clerk could not have been more helpful nor welcoming.

The room was, as I would expect, we'll furnished and spotlessly clean.

Breakfast wasn't included but we chose to purchase ours from the hotel and it was excellent although we only had cereal, fruit juice, fresh fruit and yogurt.

The hotel pool is small but well maintained and made for a welcome spot of relief after a hot day trekking the wonderful Flat Irons that can be seen from the hotel.

I was a bit annoyed that guests have to pay to use the hotel's car park as this wasn't mentioned at the time of booking. However, it's cheap and worth the peace of mind.

I would also warn guests who haven't stayed before that the hotel is set back from the road and is initially quite difficult to see so beware. Also watch for moose - we had two charge down the street in and out of traffic as we were leaving!

If I

Room Tip: No issues with any rooms but would try to avoid been to close to the elevators which can get a bit n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Roxanne G, Manager at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott! We truly appreciate you providing specific feedback regarding key aspects of your stay, and giving future guests such valuable information. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

At our recent stay we were denied a room with the best view because we used a few days with our reward points

Internet was $14.95 a DAY

Parking was $12 a day and space was limited, and they were having parking lot paved, access was limited

No luggage carriers

Slow elevator and very hot. One of the two elevators was out of order often

We were awoke by drilling on the roof. We drove 22 hours! When I called front desk and asked how long the noise would last the answer was " I hear it too" I was told someone would call me back to let me know when the noise would end. No one called!

No daily newspaper or bill delivery to our room

Positive: housekeeping was great!

Paid a lot of money for this disappointing stay! Most disappointing Marriott experience we have experienced!

Room Tip: Ask about extra charges: $12 daily parking, $14.95 daily internet, will there be noisy construction...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BoulderMarriott, Director of Sales at Boulder Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Boulder Marriott. I want to apologize on behalf of the Boulder Marriott regarding your frustration with your recent stay. It is always difficult to accommodate every guest request for our breathtaking views. We are very sorry that we were unable to fulfill this request for you and your family for this particular stay. If we have the opportunity to host you and your family in the future, I wanted to make sure you were aware of our large outdoor balconies that are available to our guests. These balconies feature amazing views and give our guests an opportunity to enjoy some fresh Rocky Mountain air. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family in the future.