“Watch out when they quote you a price.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Silver Saddle Motel
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Omaha, Nebraska
“Watch out when they quote you a price.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been here for 2 months working in Boulder. I was quoted a price when I came in. Went to pay for my room tonight and they wanted 40 more per night. The house keeping staff is terrible. Nice big rooms to stay in. Overall a good stay until they changed my rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Leonardmilbourn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I am a Boulder native who came back for a week visit which turned in to an extended stay due to circumstances. Upon returning I could not find a single hotel in the area that was anywhere near as reasonable with their rates except the Silver Saddle. When my trip was extend the owners (it is family owned for many years) made accommodations for me to be able to extend my stay and helped me out greatly. It is in a beautiful area, very close to downtown Boulder, and I had no problems with my room or service what so ever. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for reasonable rates, great service and supporting a locally owned business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank ccl3v
DaveRBoulder_Colo, Manager at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thanks very much! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will hope to see you again on your next trip back to Boulder!
Matthews, NC
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My fiancee and I arrived (slightly early) so we sat in the parking lot as the office didn't open until 10 am. We called from that parking lot several times and got no answer. Finally on knocking at the door after a grueling 16 hr commute from Wisconsin the door was answered by a discourteous, rude and disrespectful man who advised us that the price his FATHER had quoted us would not be the price charged, and that he also wanted a damage deposit. When we disputed both the price change and his poor attitude toward customers he responded that because my fiance "smelled" (recall that 16 hr commute after a full day of work) he wouldn't rent to us anyway. His final comment was that we smelled of marijuana (which we most assuredly do NOT!!). I have no issue with Marijuana being legal in Colorado, but seriously there are many reasons to travel there - like the week of hiking, biking and mountain climbing we had planned. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Under NO circumstances was this persons conduct appropriate for a business owner - not to mention the change to a much higher price ($150 more!) Steer clear folks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kellymc125

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Colorado City, Colorado
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Um, I am not sure who has been writing these reviews for this motel, but this place is a dump. I will give a thumbs up for location and that is it. This is the kind of place where they picture the cute cabins in the ad - then you drive up behind the place where the rest of the rooms are and you will see ashtrays overflowing with cigarettes, plastic flowers 'growing' in planters and people actually living in many of the rooms. We walked into our room only to find mold on the shower curtain and food/beverage stains on the table. The curtains have some mystery white crusty substance splattered on them as well. The people at the front desk are very sweet, however, I would expect some cleanliness at a minimum. How much does it cost to replace a shower curtain? and how much effort is it to wipe down a table?

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank crapipa
DaveRBoulder_Colo, Owner at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
To be honest we did have some issues with our cleaning staff for the past few months and we have finally remedied this by personally taking over the cleaning of the units ourselves and the difference is already apparent. My wife and I are still new to running a motel, but we learn new things every day, and believe we are making things better all the time for our guests. In the particular case of this unit, I did inspect it and saw exactly what this guest was complaining about. In truth, I would complain about these things too. The unit did need several things replaced and cleaned up and that has since then taken place. So far, my wife and I sleep a little better at night knowing that any reviews like this in the future will be our personal responsibility, because we are the ones who oversee cleaning and inspecting the units. So far, our previously daily complaints have dropped to zero. We plan to keep it that way and are confident that future reviews will reflect this. Until then, we will keep a positive attitude and thank God for giving us such a great opportunity.
ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was put in the strip motel section behind the cabins. They room was way dated. I was told to leave the window open so the A/C would work????? Really, leave the window open? There is only an A/C in the bedroom. The refrigerator was not working. In fairness, they did offer to give me a cooler with ice. We were going camping and had lots of food. Maybe there are other rooms that rate the glowing reviews on this site, but I did not see them. They said they were sold out so there was no where to be moved. They desk personnel were very personable. They did refund my money and I was left to find a room half an hour away. The pictures I saw online did not seem to reflect the actual rooms. Beware of what you want and what you will get. This place is not for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank traveler7462
Derby, K
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here recently while my son was in school at CU. I tend to seek out older properties in Colorado for the nostalgia they offer. This motel has character but is sorely in need of attention. The cabin I stayed in was probably one of the original cabins built in the '40's. It was very basic, moderately clean but very worn. The telephone was dead, the air conditioner output was musty, the lamp wouldn't work and room cleaning was spotty at best. The kitchenette furnishings provided a challenge to prepare any kind of meal. But, the location is wonderful, peaceful and relaxing. Owners, please spend a little money in clean up and updating this property. I would probably stay here again hoping some changes can be made before I arrive next year.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the top level. (Not speaking of the motel)