“More fun than I expected”
Review of PoshSplat

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
PoshSplat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Posh is a cure for the ordinary...night out, ladies night, date night, birthday celebration and more! No experience necessary, a local artist will teach you step by step how to create the painting of the night and everyone will leave with a painting that is uniquely theirs! We provide everything you need and do all the clean up! Wine and beer available for purchase at the event and group discounts are also available! Family classes, kids camps, private parties, fundraisers and more!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I went with a girlfriend out of curiosity, and we ended up having more fun than I expected. An instructor guides you through every step of the way, and it is really interesting to see how different everyone's painting turns out. At the end of the night, I went home with a nice canvas of original art work. Also, you can purchase glasses of wine to drink while painting, but don't wear your cutest new shirt. They provide painting aprons to cover your clothing, but you are painting, after all, and might get a few splatters on your clothing. I highly recommend this activity whether you are a painter or not.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Four of us met in Boulder for the evening and enjoyed our painting experience at PoshSplat Paint. None of us are artists and never have taken art classes. We all walked away with a print that is framable quality. Amazing! The glasses of $3.00 wine were a bonus.

2  Thank WinterwandererUsa
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I planned my own birthday party for 12 friends and we had so much fun that everyone is still talking about it...from start to finish, what a fabulous experience! Staff is well organized, everything you need is set up when you walk in their spacious studio. We got our aprons, wine!, and our instructor talked us through the steps of creating a painting of our own, all the while listening to rockin' music. Even if you don't think you know how to hold a paint brush, let alone produce a painting, everyone can do this and have a blast. Each painter creates a work of art to take home. I recommend this experience highly to locals, tourists, families, date night specials, all are welcome! I keep checking their website to see what painting is scheduled and have gone back several times. Truly unique!

2  Thank terrimalucci
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I went with my sisters in law and we would have made Monet proud as we attempted to copy, or make our own version, of his famous lily pads. Equipped with a glass of wine, an apron, brushes and a palette of colours a charming young lady talked us through the process of creating the painting and the use of acrylic paint. I learnt more about acrylic painting in one evening than in months of self-study. And we had the added benefit of having a lot of fun.
Our only challenge was to avoid getting confused over the use of the wine glass and the water-container for the brushes.
If you are anywhere near Boulder, take the time and sign up online for any of the evenings. It's too much fun to be missed and you get to go home with your creation.

3  Thank SigInDenver
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My girlfriend (BFA, teacher at arts integrated elementary school) and I (no previously known artistic talent) went for a Friday evening painting class and had a great time. Each class teaches you to paint a famous painting, but you can do your own thing at any time.

Our instructor was very helpful and gave all kinds of great tips. When I wanted to do something a little bit different than the rest of the class, she took the time to show me a new technique.

We had a bottle of wine between the two of us during the roughly 2.5 hour class. All in all, lots of fun- we've recently purchased some art supplies so that we can continue to paint together at home.

2  Thank KTraveler17