“Enjoyed it”
Review of Riff's Urban Fare

Riff's Urban Fare
Reserve with OpenTable
Riff's Urban Fare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 581 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11th st
Transit: RTD and local bus service.
Description: tel 303 440-6699opened recently
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Located right on Pearl st. With tables inside and out, this restaurant has a wonderful menu, not the typical plates that you find everywhere and they were very good. Good ambiance and Service was very good too. I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank D_traveller_19
There are newer reviews for Riff's Urban Fare

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I took a bus to Boulder from Denver to check out the city everyone tells me is a must-see when visiting Colorado. I must agree it is quite a nice city and Pearl Street shopping is fun. I picked out RIFF's because it looked pretty stylish and the food on the plates of diners outside looked very fresh and healthy and appealing. I was seated outside so I could watch the passerbys. My waiter answered a few questions about the lunch menu and I ordered the grilled salmon sandwich with a salad and a glass of recommended craft beer. The beer arrived quickly along with a glass of spring water. My meal arrived and it was a large salmon filet perfected cooked on a house baked roll. Along with it was a very good salad. Lunch was absolutely delicious. My waiter despite handling many tables was very attentive to everyone's needs. While I ate outside, the interior of the restaurant is beautiful. My salmon sandwich was very reasonably priced. Riffs was a great find. I will be back again and again for lunch or dinner. When in Boulder, be sure you go to Riffs.

1  Thank gregb511
Reviewed 10 July 2014

All the ingredients of the meal were top quality. The beet salad was small but tasty. The lamb burger over couscous was outstanding. Italian wine by the glass fairly priced, other wines were a bit overpriced. They were out though of a number of items on the drinks menu and dessert menu.
This is a place where I really enjoyed the flavor of their food.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had the lightly breaded oysters with scrambled eggs/bacon for a starter - interesting combination, but yummy. Then the very fresh arugula salad. Entrees were mussels and hanger steak - both seasoned with creativity and delicious. Service was friendly and unobtrusive as we were having a romantic dinner. The bottle of rose' from Aix-en-Provence was excellent with the seafood (maybe not so much with the steak). Lemon oil cake with limoncello and chocolate cake for dessert - both to die for. We will definitely be going back!

NOTE: Prime location on Pearl may make parking a challenge - but there are several garages in the vicinity with free parking on week-ends.

2  Thank SunGoddess58528
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked a reservation here based solely on the trip advisor rating. When we arrived, we were at the desk, getting ready to ask for the one open outdoor table when a man stuck his head in the doorway, said something to the host and boom! he took that outdoor table. When we asked the host, he said, "Oh, I just gave it to someone." The host appeared nonplussed when my husband said, "Yes, to someone without reservations." So we were off to a relatively bad start. The restaurant is very noisy and we had really hoped to be outside. The host sat us just inside, close to the windows. The food was better than average but the service was just average. We love the small plates concept and tried quite a few different items. The white sangria is very good as was the pea soup with crab on top. Overall, we enjoyed the food but felt that their host needs to be more attentive to those standing right in front of him.