“Good Meal & Service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th
Description: PASTAVINO is a simple, organic Italian restaurant in Boulder.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Dropped into Pastavino for dinner last weekend, they were quite busy but slipped us in without a reservation. The food was great, ravioli was better then the spinach pasta dish (which was a bit blah). Wines were all reasonable priced and tasty. Tiramisu was very good. Service started strong but ended a bit weak. Overall a nice place to eat some good pasta.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Before going to a restaurant we offen look on line at their menu and prices. The selections seemed good and the prices in line with other downtown restaurants. It was a surprise to see that the menu in the restaurant was a lot different and the prices out of site. Wish I could say I had a good meal but it was rather ordinary. The least exspensive pasta dish was $20 and my salad was $12. The margarita was good however but at 12 dollars it should be. The service could have been a whole lot better. When I ask if bread came with our meal I was told there was a 2 dollar charge. That was the last straw. There are lots of Italian restaurants in Boulder every bit as good (most better) and I will go there the next time I want good Italian food.

1  Thank MistyColorado
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Bringing my daughter to her first year at CU, we stumbled upon PastaVino last August. Between myself and my daughter we have eaten at PastaVino roughly 10 times. Tonight was our last night. We always appreciated the complimentary and tasty breadsticks. No more. $2 now for 4 small slices of bread. It got worse - $12 for a salad and $24 for a pasta dish. Literally, their prices have jumped 50%. I also used to have difficulty choosing what to eat because the menu was that good. Tonight I struggled to choose an entree. Such a shame. My daughter and her CU classmates would treat themselves to a night at PastaVino once in awhile but it is now so far out of reach for even special occasion dining for college students. We're from Seattle and have no problem paying for well crafted food. PastaVino is no longer a stop for our family.

3  Thank Madonna1933
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Pasta Vino was very disappointing. I came here with a Groupon because I wanted to try a new place to eat. We usually eat at the Kitchen and since it was next door we thought we would check it out.

The atmosphere is fun - great interior design, but I would hope your going to a restaurant for more than the interior design!!

The waiting staff was pretty bad. Throughout the entire meal, the staff was pretty poor. When we arrived it took 3 minutes for the greeter to find the right menu - was not prepared and was hesitant on where to sit us.

Our waitress was friendly and helpful the first 2 visits, but after we ordered our food and it was delivered she DISAPPEARED! We waited for almost 15 minutes after we were done eating and not touching our food for her to come check on us - and she never did. We wanted to pay and leave, and were looking and no one acknowledged us. the thing is she was not even on the floor! We could not see her at all to even waive her over. My husband had to ask a staff person 30 feet away and try to get their attention so we could get our bill. We never did see our waitress from after our food on. (she did come by quick and ask how it was tasting right after it delivered, but after that she was no where to be seen) The staff that was not serving were loud, as staff were leaving from their shift they chatted with other staff and were talking loud across the restaurant. One staff person also knocked over a very loud aluminum tray. Accidents happen, it was just very loud and awkward.

The food was BLAND. The calamari was overcooked. The mains were runny, bland and overcooked, and overly salty. The food also was luke warm - not hot - it seemed it was sitting for a while, or maybe a little pre made. I had a kale salad as a starter and I was not impressed. It was very bland and plain. No complimenting flavors.

It took over a half an hour for us to get our mains - especially surprising since we were one of like 4 tables.

I will never eat here again, which is a shame - because its lovely inside and I had such high hopes. Overpriced for what it is as well.

4  Thank Alexandra B
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been to PastaVino many times and each time it seems to get better and better. Most recently, I went with a couple friends who had never been there before. The LED bar is always a big hit with newbies. The cocktail menu was an even bigger hit! I love the Margarita Italia and the server recommended the perfect wine.
The service was spot on and I'm excited about their new happy hour bites menu.

I had the tagliata for dinner and it was cooked perfectly and I was surprised at the large portion of steak. My friend had the gluten free pizza and the crust was amazing! Next time I need to save room so I can try one of their deserts!