“Not a bad place to eat.”

University of Colorado at Boulder
Ranked #5 of 149 things to do in Boulder
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was at the campus for a conference. It is beautiful, though currently, there is a lot of construction going on so campus maps are a little confusing at times and you may expect a lot of detours when walking around. We stayed in the dorms in Hallet, which was OK for dorm living. I have seen much better and worse. All in all, they are pretty typical. The staff was great in helping us get what we needed. The food in the Center for Community, which was conveniently located across from Hallet provides a wide variety of foods for one price. The vegetables are very fresh. They have a salad bar, multiple stations of food based on different ethnic cuisines. There are good options for vegans and vegetarians and some gluten free. The all you can eat price including drinks and desserts is $13.00.

All reviews
"beautiful campus"
in 104 reviews
"great school"
"football stadium"
in 5 reviews
"alma mater"
in 4 reviews
"museum of natural history"
"shakespeare festival"
in 8 reviews
in 63 reviews
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Astronomy students setup telescopes to view star clusters and planets. What an excellent way to interact community & university and entertain FREE, young and old! Observation deck holds about 20-25 people at a time, with about 5 active viewing telescopes. Great job CU

4  Thank gharley02
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have to start this review with a disclaimer....I went to school here in the late 70's. Since then....I have visited at least once a year when coming back to Colorado on vacation. I was just there for a couple solid days on campus as part of orientation for my youngest who starts here in August.

The campus has to be on the most amazing in the world. Not only is the campus architecture beautiful, the grounds are maintained and gorgeous. Then you have the natural scenery with the Flatirons rising above campus as the foothills rise into the Rocky Mountains.

The new updates to the recreation center I'm sure are going to only add to the student experience on campus.

I was also quite amazed by the main food hall for students. "Back in my day"....we stood in a line with a try, and got whatever was being served, with maybe a choice sometimes. Now....it's an amazing facility with numerous styles of food choices being served at different stations. From Italian, to Persian, Chinese, sushi and of course a Grill. The food quality was good....especially considering this is college. This was amazing to me.

Dorm rooms are still dorm rooms from what I saw......

But campus continues to mature in a great way.....new buildings, new academic options etc..... I want to go back to school!!

My favorite places on campus vary from Farrand Field....to the old East Campus area around Old Main. Also don't miss the pond and bridge in the very far east side. Very nice area in summer and winter.

2  Thank kh57ca
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A Midsummer Night's Dream was a treat in the traditional theater in the round setting in the Mary Rippon Open Air Theater. We saw Macbeth last weekend and the actors in the cast were the strongest talents we have seen at the festival in 3 or 4 years! The picnic on the green is always relaxing and is an annual summer tradition for our family.