“No better way to spend a Fall day...”

Awe-Struck Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Awe-Struck Outdoors offers biking, hiking, paddling and skiing trips to Boulder and Nederland area travelers and locals. We pair all of our outdoor trips with a culinary adventure and source most of our food from small, organic, family-owned farms. Try a fun Mountain Bike lesson or Stand Up Paddle Board session followed by a brew pub tour . Bike to Farm tours and farm dinners served with locally crafted wine! Add a yoga session at a refreshingly-remote retreat center to any of your trips. Unlike other guide services that take you to popular, over-crowded locations, we take you where the trails are less traveled.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Thanks so much to Kelly, her capable team and Lone Hawk Farm for providing a beautiful day of riding, scenery, history and great food! The ride was well organized, the stops were interesting and the food at the end of the trip was simply perfect. Highly recommended...

1  Thank Susan P
There are newer reviews for Awe-Struck Outdoors

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I joined about 30 others on a short (only 12 miles) bike ride from Lone Hawk Farm to another farm, then back again. The idea to support local farmers is a great one. The ride was gorgeous, with all the fall colors-I just wish it was longer. The guides were wonderful and helpful, and incredibly patient with riders of so many varying abilities. Perhaps the part of the day with the most impact was seeing some of the devastation that the recent floods created, really effecting the nearby farms. That made me want to support these local farmers even more. I was also a tad disappointed that there was not much in the way of crops to see, since it was really past harvest and we had a hard frost in the meantime. The lunch afterwards was fantastic, even though it was a bit chilly sitting in the shade. The salad was so fresh and fantastic. The chicken and rice dish, with the fresh salsa was superb. Lentils, for someone not used to eating them, were prepared wonderfully, as was the dessert, of course. My only suggestion would be to break the groups into abilities-a slowwwww group and a little more "with it" group. It would have been so great to do the 25 miles as advertised, but I understand we had a late start (late arrivers), and many roads were effected by the flooding. We were offered another ride after lunch, but by that time we were ready to head home. I was disappointed that we were asked to bring back packs to purchase local produce-but there was none to buy!! Also, make sure you suggest using mountain bikes. My road bike was fine, but on some parts of the dirt road it was a bit tenuous. Overall, I thought it was a wonderful idea and I will continue to recommend Awe-struck to friends.

1  Thank lovestobike
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The weather and foliage could not have been better for this ride. Relaxing ride and we stopped at a wonderful farm. Lunch was amazingly good as well.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was a fantastic experience. Our group was small and the two tour guides friendly and knowledgable. The ride was easy, through flat beautiful farmland. We stopped and explored the grounds of a gorgeous apple orchard and working farm. Afterward we were rewarded with a three course dinner at a small farm - everything fresh and tasty! The night ended with the picture perfect Colorado sunset. Couldn't have asked for a better time :)

1  Thank emilyjane6
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our bike-to-farm adventure with Aw-Struck Outdoors! What a fantastic way to spend an evening, riding our bikes around to local farms, which we would've never otherwise known even existed and then returning back to the farm of origniation for a lovely outdoor, meal from freshly picked veggies from the farm while getting to know all the other riders. Kelly was awesome and knowledgable and we will 100% do this again!

1  Thank Sharon_Louise_M

Been to Awe-Struck Outdoors? Share your experiences!