“Wonderful people, activity and food”

Awe-Struck Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Awe-Struck Outdoors offers biking, hiking, paddling and skiing trips to Boulder and Nederland area travelers and locals. We pair all of our outdoor trips with a culinary adventure and source most of our food from small, organic, family-owned farms. Try a fun Mountain Bike lesson or Stand Up Paddle Board session followed by a brew pub tour . Bike to Farm tours and farm dinners served with locally crafted wine! Add a yoga session at a refreshingly-remote retreat center to any of your trips. Unlike other guide services that take you to popular, over-crowded locations, we take you where the trails are less traveled.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was accompanying a friend on her business trip in Boulder and signed up for the Bike-to-Farm tour for something to do by myself while my friend was attending her conference. Kelly, the founder of the company, was very helpful and so responsive to my e-mails. I didn't have a car during my stay in Boulder and I almost cancelled the tour because the starting point is about 10 miles outside of Boulder. Kelly personally picked me up from downtown Boulder so I didn't have to cancel. And boy, am I glad I got to join the bike tour!

The Bike-to-Farm tour starts at one of the farms and the route took us to another nearby larger farm before bringing us back to the starting place. In good weather, the bike route is suitable for most cyclists, even beginner cyclists; however, in inclement weather (which is pretty often in Boulder, I hear), the hills can be quite challenge. So just be ready :) Even in crazy rain and tornado-like wind, our guide, Kened, was super helpful, very encouraging and attended to us and our biking needs very very well. So great job Kened!

The simple dinner served at the end of our gruelling bike ride was fantastic. Made with fresh ingredients and tender loving care, it was an enjoyable dinner topped with great local wine and an unforgettable sunset view of the Colorado mountains.

Kelly, Kened and the farmers were so gracious and lovely. I highly recommend this bike tour for anyone visiting or living in the Boulder area. If I were ever in Boulder again, I will do this bike tour again!

1  Thank Maria S

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Kelly was so wonderful!! We loved the beautiful country side. It was such a beautiful tour!! Kelly was so patient and kind. We wish we had the opportunity to do this again. It was great exercise and a great time! The lunch that Kelly made for us was awesome. The Farmers were so nice and we got to see a lot adorable animals. I would highly recommend this tour - It was the highlight of our vacation!!

1  Thank tomandjanineg g
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I just returned from a private guided bike trip with Awe-Struck. I wanted to see beautiful scenery and be away from the crowds. Kelly and her team provided what I asked for and more. Friendly, knowledgeable people, great equipment, food and a ride tailored to my desires and ability. A great 60th birthday present to myself. If you're going to Boulder and want to do something different and fun give Kelly a call.

4  Thank u00jtf1
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Kelly led a group of 7 of us on a girls' weekend farm bike tour & farm dinner. SO MUCH FUN! She even offered for us to have our own private tour as we couldn't make one of the regularly scheduled nights. Beautiful scenery. Friendly farmers. Delicious food. That basil lemonade was a perfect way to quench our thirst after the ride. Thank you Kelly!

1  Thank MyScreenNamestaken
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Tour des Farms guided by Kelly at Awe-Struck Outdoors is an awe-inspiring bike tour around the neighboring farms. The tour was predominately easy riding along low rolling hills, snaking along paved and dirt packed roads and touring a few farms. We stopped to feed a few pigs & piglets along the way and to take in the fresh country air. The bike ride ended with a fresh and wonderful lunch that truly was “farm to table.” My daughter had a sprained ankle and she rented an electric bike. It was so much fun! At the end of the tour, we took the ebikes through the dirt path around the farm and saw the most breathtaking views of the mountains in the distance, as well as, mound after mound of prairie dogs and their homes. It was a refreshing way to spend a morning!

2  Thank Carol553