“Lovely Birthday Dinner”
Review of L'Atelier

L'Atelier
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 574 Restaurants in Boulder
Cross street: 18th & Pearl
Boulder, Colorado
“Lovely Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Had not been to L'Atelier in several years & thought it an opportune time to experience dinner again. There were three of us: husband(the birthday boy),adult son and myself. It was a Saturday evening and I requested a booth.

Husband and I shared the mussels........son had the lobster ravioli. Excellent choices.

Husband had rack of lamb: he raved. Son and i had pork saltimboca: delish. The accompaniments to these dishes were quite wonderful.

Dessert: son had creme brulee angelina: liked it a lot. I ordered the chocolate bag: excellent. It had chocolate,berries,creme and ice cream. Doesn't get better than that.

Son had mixed drinks. We had pelligrino. Service was excellent. Chris, our waiter, has only been "on the job" 3 weeks, but was attentive. Bread basket was refilled as per our request. Lemon and lime plate also refilled.

What turned me off?????? The busboy NEVER smiled. The maitre d......a female...kept walking back & forth without a smile.....very somber(did you lose a pet? was she having a bad day?)...not doing much. When i made the reservation, I mentioned it was husband's b-day....NO mention of it came up. YOU are a service industry...you've got to go that "extra mile" to receive a 5 star rating. Train the staff to be upbeat and S M I L E.

The bill for the three of us......including tip came to $191.00.

Yes......we would return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank morewierd

“excellent food, but...”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Went here for my birthday with my husband - Picked it because it Was top 25 in 5280 magazine. First, yes the food was rich, devine, and very French. However, my visit left a bit to be desired. First,we ordered a very expensive bottle of wine,when our server opened it he got part of the cork in the tasting glass. He quickly took away the glass (with part of our wine in it)' No apology. no new bottle,just took the Very expensive wine & the taster away, poured fresh glasses from the SAME bottle; Seems minor but we really splurged on the wine & wanted every drop. Second, we told the waiter itwas my birthday but not one "Happy Birthday "from him a no candle on the dessert - actually he seemed a bit annoyed to be serving us. Finally, he took away our bread without asking an ue we were not done with it. we left Without athonb or anything -I had to go find my coat in the back the 3 stars is for the Chef - the service, not so much. For this much $ we won't be back. We will try another Boulder place as there are too many to pick from and this did not impress us.

2 Thank nattykeech
“Good dinner, great appetizers”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had an overall nice experience at this restaurant.
i had read about the Lobster Ravioli which they did not have as an entree that evening, but did as an appetizer and they were as good as the reviews had said.
The tuna Carpaccio was excellent as well. The entree's ( rack of lamb, and filet mignon) were good but not just great,
Service was good, and i thought the pricing of items wasn't too bad.

• Visited January 2013
Colorado
“Wonderful dinner, fine food”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Fine dining in Boulder. We had a wonderful meal, great salad, with delightful main course. Although the menu was narrow in selection, it was more than made up by the perfection of the of the ingedients. The pear dessert was great as well

• Visited December 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Liked but not overwhelmed !”
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

I guess my expectations were too high.....left a little disappointed. The apps were good, salad was good, but the entrees were average. Our server was unattentive and busy with an 8 top so it took 25 minutes to get any drinks. This is not in the top 10 in Boulder .....you can find better.