“Satisfactory”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

While the restaurant was dark, crowded, and noisy, the waiters were super friendly and the food was rich and filling. Although its slightly pricy, you definitely receive a savory meal that makes up for it. I recommend the mac and cheese.

• Visited March 2014

San Francisco, California
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Had an early dinner on a Friday night here and was disappointed. First thing, the hostess sat us by the bathroom where as there were plenty of open booths and tables. Second, our waiter had several customers and could not kept up with my table let alone the others. My husband had the chicken marsala and I had the shepherd's pie. Third thing,my shepherd's pie was served as three slices of what appeared to be meatloaf in between a scoop of mashed potatoes with gravy and grilled vegetables. It was not the pie as described on the menu. I tried to get my waiters attention to question him but he was too busy to attend to me. The marsala was simply...alright. We have dined at the Cheesecake Factory in other cities and was accustomed to a higher quality of service and entrees. We were disappointed and will probably not return to this place.

• Visited January 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Grab a bit bite to eat!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Strolled in to have a bite of lunch on a Sunday in November. Laid back staff, not busy. Many options HUGE portions. Great variety. If you are lucky enough to save room for a slice if cheesecake this will top a nice dining experience on Pearl Street.

Thornton, Colorado, United States
“Here chicky chicky”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Not our first time to The Cheesecake Factory. In the past we have visited both the Denver and Boulder locations and the service and food have been outstanding. Our service this time was average as my wife was not given more water.

Upon arriving to the restaurant we informed the hostess that this was our daughter's birthday. As our meal came to an end it was apparent that either this information was not passed on or it was forgotten by our server. We mentioned it to her and then a group of servers came over to sing her happy birthday and gave her a complimentary dessert (bite size) of whip cream and chocolate syrup.

The main issue I had and it is a big one was with my order of the Garlic Noodles w/chicken. Imagine my surprise when I was eating my food and bit into something crunchy. At first I thought maybe it was some dried noodles but then when I pulled bone particles from my mouth and then saw about a 1 inch bone in my meal I was appalled. It appeared to be a part of a drumstick. I asked our server about this and she sent it back to the kitchen. Moments later she explained that my meal was made with "bone in" chicken so that I could have both dark and white meat. I explained that I had never had an experience like that before.

Having been an owner of a restaurant in the past and a frequent eater at many restaurants I can honestly say that I have never had a pasta dish with chicken bones in it. I certainly wouldn't expect that from The Cheesecake Factory. I don't often get an ill feeling when something isn't right with my food but this did leave a sickening feeling in my stomach for several hours. Yes, I did eat the rest of the meal but can't say that I enjoyed it. As for the rest of my party, they did enjoy their meals.

At no time did a manager come out (except when our food was being cooked to inform us that they had run out of Kobe burgers that two members of my party ordered). I found that odd as well and we were charged for the meal.

I don't know if I will be back to the Cheesecake Factory again or not. I suspect I will someday but it may be a while.

My only regret is that I didn't take pictures of this and keep the bone.

I hope that this is an isolated incident and that you don't really serve chicken bones in your noodle dishes. I really expected lean tasty chicken, not bone in chicken with my noodles.

• Visited November 2013
Longmont, Colorado, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much more than just cheesecake”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

But the cheesecake is exceptional as well. Biggest menu you will ever find so if you cant find something you don't like here you don't really like food.

Visited October 2013

Been to The Cheesecake Factory? Share your experiences!