“Close to Chicago-Style Pizza”
Review of Old Chicago - CLOSED

Old Chicago
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have been to Gino's East in Chicago - and that was some of the best pizza I have had. However, Old Chicago comes very close. The pizza is not nearly as deep as you will find in Chicago, but they only advertise "Thick" pizza rather than traditional "deep-dish". But, don't let the size fool you. Their pizza is made with very fresh ingredients and tastes very good. Also, the food is reasonably priced. My wife and I were able to split a Medium size pizza with some left over and it did not break the bank. Also - their strawberry lemonade is to die for - you should definitely try it (free re-fills on it too).

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is the first place that actually comes close to the real pizza. And yes, we really cut our pizza into squares here. The crust and toppings are very good. They let you sample the crafted beers before you order if you are unsure. Will stop here again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This Pearl St. staple has been around for a long time. My first visit was more than 10 years ago and continues to delight. My bride and I shared a 14" thin slice pizza and a local craft beer. We were surprised when it arrived cut into 2" squares rather than pie slices. Though we were wary, this presentation turned out to b delightful and made us think about serving it this way at home for an hor'dourve. The pie was delicious. This is avery casual dining spot that is kid friendly.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I'm a regular at the Loveland Old Chicago but I stopped in here before going to see Stephen King at Chautauqua recently. I'm very familiar with the menu - good pizza (as long as you are not from the east coast!), great salads, burgers, sandwiches and pasta. The beer is why I love these places. Always lots of variety for all tastes. The young man serving my son and I was very knowledgeable about his beers and was especially proud of the Colorado brews. Great beer and great service.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

In an area with a lot of local dining options, this chain is a fine choice if you a looking for a good pizza. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food came out fast and delicious. Not a gourmet experience but a safe choice.