“Very Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate lunch at this restaurant yesterday (Sunday afternoon) and were very disappointed in the service and food. You would think a chain restaurant would have standards of hiring/training and food quality.

The place was not that busy and there seemed to be plenty of staff on hand. But I've never witnessed a more lackluster staff. At any given time there were waiters walking around, empty handed, ignoring customers, forgetting to fill beverages, and just generally being lazy. The food order was not correct and we had to ask for the veggies and dip. They brought the veggies, which were not very fresh. Forgot the dip. Finally brought it. Forgot the crayons for the kids menu. Got the wing order wrong. Grilled cheese was cold and the bread chewed like it had been microwaved.

I don't usually give unfavorable reviews, but this restaurant earned it.

Miranda B, Guest Relations Manager at Old Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Old Chicago works hard to make our guests feel completely satisfied with their overall experience but it appears we fell short on your most recent visit with us. We are truly sorry that you did not have an exceptional experience and will ensure these issues are quickly corrected. Thank you for providing your feedback on the matter, I would like to discuss your experience with you further. If you are interested in doing so, please email me at ocsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Recently in the area, we stopped here to get off our feet and have a beverage. This location is unique as they have left it old style décor. It is really quite nice to see something that has not been change to modern. The staff are very friendly and were helpful with directions to other Boulder locations. Mike was a pleasure to talk with at the bar.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Sit outside and watch the show. All sorts of interesting folks sauntering by. Located at the end of the Pearl Street Mall the food was outstanding. The pizza was great, not a fan of the Chicago style so I got the thin crust. The chicken Stromboli was very tasty and we had to take some of it home it was so large. The wait staff was very attentive. The whole experience was a big plus after a long day of mountain driving.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have been to Gino's East in Chicago - and that was some of the best pizza I have had. However, Old Chicago comes very close. The pizza is not nearly as deep as you will find in Chicago, but they only advertise "Thick" pizza rather than traditional "deep-dish". But, don't let the size fool you. Their pizza is made with very fresh ingredients and tastes very good. Also, the food is reasonably priced. My wife and I were able to split a Medium size pizza with some left over and it did not break the bank. Also - their strawberry lemonade is to die for - you should definitely try it (free re-fills on it too).

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is the first place that actually comes close to the real pizza. And yes, we really cut our pizza into squares here. The crust and toppings are very good. They let you sample the crafted beers before you order if you are unsure. Will stop here again.