“Chicago Pizza...in Boulder?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #171 of 565 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Chicago Pizza...in Boulder?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Spent the last night in Boulder dining at Old Chicago. Having dinner outside reminded me of some cantina in a galaxy far, far, away. My daughter and I ordered a Chicago style pepperoni with extra cheese pizza while my wife ordered the Italian Nachos. The service was real good but the food was the best. I mean...this was like the best traditional pizza I ever had. The big chains don't come close here. I highly recommend eating at Old Chicago.

• Korean first
Loveland, Colorado
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate lunch at this restaurant yesterday (Sunday afternoon) and were very disappointed in the service and food. You would think a chain restaurant would have standards of hiring/training and food quality.

The place was not that busy and there seemed to be plenty of staff on hand. But I've never witnessed a more lackluster staff. At any given time there were waiters walking around, empty handed, ignoring customers, forgetting to fill beverages, and just generally being lazy. The food order was not correct and we had to ask for the veggies and dip. They brought the veggies, which were not very fresh. Forgot the dip. Finally brought it. Forgot the crayons for the kids menu. Got the wing order wrong. Grilled cheese was cold and the bread chewed like it had been microwaved.

I don't usually give unfavorable reviews, but this restaurant earned it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Miranda B, Guest Relations Manager at Old Chicago, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Old Chicago works hard to make our guests feel completely satisfied with their overall experience but it appears we fell short on your most recent visit with us. We are truly sorry that you did not have an exceptional experience and will ensure these issues are quickly corrected. Thank you for providing your feedback on the matter, I would like to discuss your experience with you further. If you are interested in doing so, please email me at ocsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.
Arvada, Colorado
“Old Time Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Recently in the area, we stopped here to get off our feet and have a beverage. This location is unique as they have left it old style décor. It is really quite nice to see something that has not been change to modern. The staff are very friendly and were helpful with directions to other Boulder locations. Mike was a pleasure to talk with at the bar.

Omaha
“Good People Watching!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Sit outside and watch the show. All sorts of interesting folks sauntering by. Located at the end of the Pearl Street Mall the food was outstanding. The pizza was great, not a fan of the Chicago style so I got the thin crust. The chicken Stromboli was very tasty and we had to take some of it home it was so large. The wait staff was very attentive. The whole experience was a big plus after a long day of mountain driving.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Athens, Georgia, United States
“Close to Chicago-Style Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have been to Gino's East in Chicago - and that was some of the best pizza I have had. However, Old Chicago comes very close. The pizza is not nearly as deep as you will find in Chicago, but they only advertise "Thick" pizza rather than traditional "deep-dish". But, don't let the size fool you. Their pizza is made with very fresh ingredients and tastes very good. Also, the food is reasonably priced. My wife and I were able to split a Medium size pizza with some left over and it did not break the bank. Also - their strawberry lemonade is to die for - you should definitely try it (free re-fills on it too).