“Marie's Since I was Little”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marie's Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Marie's Since I was Little”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Ever since I was very young I have been coming to Marie's for breakfast. I always order the french toast. I love all of the food at Marie's. Marie's is a fun, local place that has been around since I was born. I Love Marie's!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Breakfast is my favorite meal. When I go to CO, I always want to go to Marie's. I recommend getting the french toast and a kolacek. It's a great restaurant for families, friends, etc. The service is great--and has been for quite some time. The prices are reasonable as well. This place can get crowded at times, but it's worth the wait for wonderfully seasoned french toast. If the weather's beautiful, sit outside and enjoy the view of the Flatirons.

• Visited July 2012
Berthoud, Colorado
“Crummy food - good service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

Many years ago I ate breakfast here and thought it was pretty mediocre. Since I was in the neighborhood, I thought I'd give Marie's another try. At shortly after 10:00 AM there was only one other occupied table inside. I mention this because the kitchen prepared a "house" omelette rather than the one I had ordered. The wait person was very friendly and helpful and the omelette was quickly replaced with the correct one. It was a very flat, folded affair, with no hint of light or fluffy. The home fries were watery and completely tasteless - no seasonings, no herbs or spices of any kind. I had to add salt and pepper (which I normally don't add) just for some flavor. Clearly these were boiled potatoes which had been tossed on the flattop to brown for a bit.

I ordered a specialty coffee - an iced Mochachino. In most places this type of coffee is served in a tall glass. This was served in a normal coffee mug and tasted so-so.

It's amazing to me that Marie's continues to survive in a city like Boulder which offers so many choices for really good breakfasts. For instance, the Walnut Cafe on Walnut & 30th, which offers a similar atmosphere and excellent food! Perhaps the people seated outside at Marie's with their dogs are so grateful they can share breakfast with their pups, they overlook the truly crummy food?

The prices are pretty much in line with Boulder prices, however, they don't accept credit cards.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Greasy spoon. Reasonable food for the price. Went for breakfast, had eggs etc. Noting unique or particularly special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Estes Park Colorado 80517
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

Nice place, Very good service!, Very nice people. The staff is friendly, nice, and helpfull. The food is good too! I have been there many times and have always liked it. Tahnks Maries!