“Came back two nights later”
Review of Hungry Toad

Hungry Toad
Ranked #127 of 592 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Fabulous burgers and steak ( I recommend the Luau Burger). Great service, even when very busy. Food was excellent, plenty enough, and such good value for money we came back two nights later on our 3 nights in Boulder.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had the breakfast tacos and a few Bloody Marys. The food and service were good and I don't have any specific complaints. I would recommend this place with the understanding that it is an average place. You wont hate it. I am not from Boulder and the person who took me there explained this restaurant as "easy, quick and pretty good." He was right.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The Friday fish and chips special is what brought us back to this Boulder landmark. A good selection of (mostly) Irish beers on tap and a somewhat larger assortment of traditional and US pub dishes are available in a pretty authentic looking Irish pub. Noise levels can be high, and as mentioned by other reviewers the service is slow but friendly. It is best to avoid early evening as The Toad seems to be favored by young parents with toddlers who usually get bored during the long waits.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Met up with a group of friends on a Saturday night before going to a concert, it was a great choice. Good drink selection and a great selection of appetizers, salads, fish, pasta, lots of options for all. Was excited about a salad with globe artichoke hearts, but when I asked about it, I was a little sad that they were canned and not fresh. The blackened tuna salad i had was very good, tuna cooked perfectly to my request.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This place is near the hospital, and probably caters to many staff and visitors. I always order the fish and chips when at a British pub place, and did enjoy it here. Pleasant decor, too. Parking on the street and in the back.