“Best Chicken Wings!”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Even better when you get them during happy hour. Try this for a little something extra special. Ask for a togo container and put the lovely butter/tomato/jalapeno wing sauce in it and add it to your eggs the next morning. I love making the trip whenever I'm in town (for happy hour).

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went there for the first time with co-workers in Feb! Been back several times since! I love the beer and the food. The prices are a little bit high in my opinion and I wish there was better parking available to customers. However, overall a great hang-out, good food and tasty beer! Will be going back a lot!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a fun place to grab a beer. I particularly enjoyed the fish and chips, they were cooked perfectly and weren't too greasy. Enjoyed the fact that it felt like a British pub

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I've been going to The Toad periodically for many years. With the feel of a neighborhood pub, it has a nice selection of beers and ales by the pint (Fullers, Stella, Fat Tire, Boddingtons, etc.). Wine choices, as in pubs I have experienced in the UK and Ireland, is rudimentary.

The menu is quite large and ranges from wings to steaks to burgers to salads to soups to pub classics like shepherd's pie. I mostly go for the fish and chips, which I always find enjoyable. Other items I have seen and/or tasted have been good, but there is certainly a large portion of the menu never explored. Service has always been good.

The Toad is definitely not an "upscale Boulder dining experience". But it does a good job at being a comfortable neighborhood establishment with good, unpretentious food.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

When we are in Boulder, Co for a month or two of the summer months we make sure we go to The Hungry Toad on a regular basis. The owner there is from England ( like my husband) and has set his pub up just like one you might find in England.

The beer selection is very good there and the full bar is very well stocked. But my favorite and is a must have is the French Onion soup. It is the best I have had anywhere. Of course, the fish and chips are excellent too.

Been to Hungry Toad? Share your experiences!