“Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed In” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Columbus, Ohio
“Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

That's a bold Title for a review, but I stand by it. After 30+ reviews, this is hands down the best hotel I've stayed out, beating out the four seasons.

Pros: Pure Luxury without the snobbery. Everything in the hotel looks well crafted, well thought out, and refine without being over the top. The pictures on their website are accurate. I wish I had time to visit their pool and spa. Expect someone to open the door for you when you enter and exit the lobby. Expect a beautiful fireplace in the lobby. There was a jazz band on Wed & Thurs. Room service prices were extremely fair (almost a bargain) but with the room prices, they make up for it. Bed was amazing. Free Kruegg Coffeemaker with Starbucks K-Cups in rooms.

Cons: Free local transportation (within 5 miles) doesn't run Sun & Mon (different than what I was told at check in).

Noteworthy: Free Bike Rentals in the spring and summer! Amazing location - walking distance to everything in downtown Boulder.

Room Tip: King rooms have large bed posts. Try to get a room overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ohiocouple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Ohiocouple,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We aim to make every patron’s experience special, and I am pleased that we succeeded on your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed our lobby entertainment, room service and in-room amenities. I apologize that local transportation information was communicated incorrectly at check-in. I hope you’ll be our guest again soon.

CHA General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The St Julien is a first rate hotel nestled at the foothills of the Flatiron Mountains in Boulder, Colorado. Centrally located, the hotel is close to many restaurants and shops, with the celebrated Pearl Street only a stroll away. In spite of the spectacular vistas surrounding Boulder, once you enter the St Julian you are tempted to linger. The rooms are well appointed and spacious, with every amenity, form plush bath robes to comfortable slippers and herbal soaps and lotions. The mini bar is well stocked with enough drinks and munchies to satisfy the most discerning traveler. Don't neglect to visit the spa, even if only to enjoy the sauna and/or the steam room. It is a haven of relaxation after a day of hiking or walking around town. They offer a slew of wonderful treatments, which I unfortunately did not have time to try. The lobby is a wonderful meeting place where you can enjoy afternoon tea, coffee or drinks, after which you may dine at Jill's, the award winning restaurant, boasting the best Sunday brunch in town. All in all, the St. Julien is a true gem.

Room Tip: Mountain view is a must!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MiamiAmore
Dear MiamiAmore,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa; I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I’m happy you found time to enjoy many of our offerings, and hope you’ll be able to fit in a treatment at Spa at St Julien during your next visit. I also hope you and your family are able to stay with us again soon.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is my second stay at The St. Julien, as a conference attendee, so I am basing this review on both visits. I need to have a quiet room, and a super clean room, ideally with a well-fitting terrycloth robe and an enlarging mirror in the bathroom that isn't wall mounted (those are generally way too high for me, I am 5' tall). I am happiest when the bed linens are crisp and the pillows and mattress are at the perfect point of comfort without being too soft. I like toiletries that are a more generously sized than the typical shampoos and soaps so they don't feel skimpy. I like free wireless in the room.
The St. Julien is great on all counts, and many more, I would love to stay beyond the conference dates. There is a soaking tub and in the separate glass enclosed shower, the shower head has the big rain-like head, there is good water pressure and plenty of linen, thick fluffy towels and a huge shower rug are provided, including two robes and two sets of slippers…the body wash is refreshingly minty, ditto for the shampoo. There are some nice smart touches, for example the vertically split bathroom doors that don't block the hallway when they are open the way the door does in most other hotels. Plenty of hangars including some padded ones (at other hotels I usually have to order up more hangers but not at this hotel).
The one thing that didn't work perfectly in the room was the Keurig coffee maker but at 6am the hotel restaurant (which is excellent if a bit pricey) was already open and coffee was ready (only $2.12). The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, I had a little trouble connecting to the wireless but this was solved immediately.
Beautiful mountain views from the lobby. Did not have time to use the fitness center or spa but the pool looked beautiful.

It's walking distance to plenty of shops and restaurants
I look forward to returning!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty quiet, apparently the hotel is full but it does not feel crowded or...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ina S
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Ina S,

Thank you for providing such an informative and enthusiastic review; I am pleased we've had the opportunity to host you more than once, and that you found both stays enjoyable. From the cleanliness of your room, to the size of our toiletries, I am glad to hear we met or exceeded your expectations during your stay. I apologize that you experienced challenges with your in-room Keurig coffee maker; I hope you notified the front desk and the matter was addressed promptly. We appreciate your continued patronage, and hope you find the time to stay with us for a few extra days following next year’s conference.

Mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Spent a night here while visiting Colorado in March. The location of the Hotel was really the deciding factor when we booked and we were not disappointed. The hotel is a short (1 block) walk from Pearl Street with many shops and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk.

The hotel itself was very nice, everything one would expect, friendly front desk attendants, well appointed rooms, turn-down service, large bathrooms with full size tubs, even bikes to use on Boulders great bike paths. Mountain view rooms have a nice view of the Flatiron Mountains, best in the morning when the sun first hits them. One of the better features of the hotel is the large lounge area inside the main entry. It is a great place to sit and have a drink while waiting for your party to be ready. The night I was there they also had a live jazz band playing, which was a nice added touch.

Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tripel_wide
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Tripel_Wide,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you had such a pleasant experience while visiting Boulder. Our downtown location is one of our most popular attributes, and I am glad you found your accommodations and the hotel’s amenities to be agreeable as well. Additionally, our complimentary cruiser bikes are a great way for visitors to see Boulder as the locals do. I hope you find time to return to St Julien in the near future.

Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We are Boulder locals, and selected to St Julien as a weekend get away for my wife's 40th birthday. While there are a lot of nice hotels in Boulder to choose from, the St Julien is the only excellent one to choose from. Staff and service were great. Nice indoor pool and Spa. Excellent steam room. Fun bars and restaurant. We couldn't believe how many people were enjoying the hotel bar and restaurant late into the night. That's a sign of great quality and service.
We were only 5 miles from home, but felt like we were on a great, relaxing vacation.
We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear TomKBoulder,

Thank you for choosing St Julien Hotel & Spa for your celebratory "staycation," and for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased you were able to enjoy our spa and dining amenities, and that our staff was so agreeable. We hope you return soon!

Austinite
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here while in town for the Boulder Film Festival. The location is within walking distance of Boulder's best. Great restaurants, nice shopping, and fabulous hiking trails---all right outside the door within minutes. The staff is also exceptional. They greeted us by name every time we came in the door or left. The concierge got us excellent dinner reservations---even at the last minute on Valentines night. In addition, the room was extremely comfortable. From the stone floors in the bathroom to the luxurious bed linens, the details all reflect careful thought.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alicecei,

I appreciate you sharing your St Julien experience, and I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. I am happy you were pleased with the service you encountered, and that we were able to assist with a last minute Valentine's Day reservation. I'm also glad your party was able to enjoy the convenience of St Julien Hotel & Spa’s downtown Boulder location. We hope you return soon.

Calabasas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Another stop on College Tour 2014 was Boulder. We splurged and stayed here. Worth it! As if Boulder wasn't beautiful enough, this rustic chic hotel proved to live up to it's reviews. Rooms, staff, location, bar and dining all fantabulous. I'm kind of pushing for my kids to go to CU just so we can come back and stay here. Sure beats the Bloomington Hilton. (No offense, Indiana.)

For Boulder it's a 5 star winner. But for Trip advisor, I'm trying to be more stingy and reserve 5 stars for only the most incredible of stays.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey K
Dear Jefffk9,

Thank you for making St Julien Hotel & Spa a part of your college tour. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and that it may even influence your kids' college selections! Regardless, I hope your family makes it back to Boulder and St Julien in the future, whether it be as members of our local university or as tourists.

Go Buffs,