“Great Experience!”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Massachusetts
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

What a nice hotel! I attended a business meeting here and thought it was one of the nicest and most comfortable hotels I've stayed in. The bathroom is to die for -- unbelievable soaking tub. The staff could not be nicer or more attentive. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view. I did not have a choice as I was part of a big meeting, but some of my col...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gms9855
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear gms9855,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased we provided you with such an agreeable experience, you found our staff to be accommodating and you enjoyed your accommodations. We hope to see you again in the near future.

CHA General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you want to stay in the heart of Boulder, this is the place to do it! The hotel is beautiful, clean, and smells delicious. We got an upgrade on our room because we were celebrating a special occasion. The room was great - huge bed, balcony, etc. The only downfall was that it was very far from the elevators. I could see that as a potential fire hazard, but fortunately we didn't need to find that out.

The food was alright, I would recommend skipping the breakfast offered at the hotel and going out to find a local bagel shop. Free parking on the weekend was definitely a plus!

Room Tip: room 465 had great views, kind bed, and balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mazzy5983,

Thank you for taking time to share you recent experience at St Julien Hotel & Spa; we always love hearing our patrons’ feedback. I am pleased to hear our staff was able to upgrade your accommodations in celebration of your special occasion, as we are honored you chose to spend it with us. I do hope you return for another “relaxing retreat” soon.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Quick one night stay in a beautiful room. The amenities, linens, and overall room are simply luxurious. Staff is attentive and love having cocktail service in the lobby. Always THE place to stay in boulder. Love the location as it's in the middle of boulder:.. Shopping + great food!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lucianaramsey
Dear Lucianaramsey,

Thank you for making St Julien Hotel & Spa your Boulder hotel of choice. I am pleased you have enjoyed our in-room amenities, lobby cocktail service and location during your stays. We do hope to see you again soon.

Chicago
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The St. Julien has it all -- modern luxury, terrific location and a beautiful spa and pool. We've stayed in a king room as well as a suite, both were wonderful. It really does have a great lobby area to hang out it and people watch. Cool bar as well. If you want something with more character, Boulderado is your place. If you are looking for new and beauty and luxury, St. Julien is your spot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jj333,

Thank you for reviewing St Julien Hotel & Spa – it sounds as though you know your way around the Boulder area well, and I am pleased you have chosen to stay with us on more than one occasion. We hope to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Berthoud, Colorado
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The St. Julien is a great home base for a weekend in Boulder. Right next door to the best happy hour in town (The Med), and just 1/2 block off the Pearl Street mall…you will not need a car! Expansive lobby area w/ bar and big fireplace - nice to hang out and people watch or read. Rooms are modern, but the beds are horrible! At the end of the day - you are here to sleep, and so that is why I rate this a 4 vs. a 5. Very soft, uneven mattress (room 406). Average size room (Marriott size) but nice bathroom. TIP - if you are here on the weekend, the public parking (literally under the hotel) is FREE if you leave on Saturday or Sunday from the lot.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John M
Dear John M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa; I appreciate your feedback, and I am pleased you enjoyed our central location, lively lobby and your accommodations. I apologize that you found your bed uncomfortable. We have the mattresses specially made, and they are usually a favorite of guests. I do hope you return for another stay with us soon.

Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great hotel. Tremendous downtown location near everything in Boulder. Outstanding staff and top quality amenities and furnishings. Staff was extremely helpful, friendly, courteous. Only negative (which kept me from giving it an excellent) were the smallish rooms. The furnishings, though very nice, were a little big for the room size, making moving around difficult... especially with 3 suitcases in the room. Price is high but not outrageous for the luxury accommodations and the outstanding location in Boulder.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DocRMP
Dear DOCRMP,

Thank you for sharing your experience at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly, and you enjoyed the provided amenities. I encourage you to book one of our spacious suites on your next stay with us, if you’re looking for larger accommodations. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 March 2014

That's a bold Title for a review, but I stand by it. After 30+ reviews, this is hands down the best hotel I've stayed out, beating out the four seasons.

Pros: Pure Luxury without the snobbery. Everything in the hotel looks well crafted, well thought out, and refine without being over the top. The pictures on their website are accurate. I wish I had time to visit their pool and spa. Expect someone to open the door for you when you enter and exit the lobby. Expect a beautiful fireplace in the lobby. There was a jazz band on Wed & Thurs. Room service prices were extremely fair (almost a bargain) but with the room prices, they make up for it. Bed was amazing. Free Kruegg Coffeemaker with Starbucks K-Cups in rooms.

Cons: Free local transportation (within 5 miles) doesn't run Sun & Mon (different than what I was told at check in).

Noteworthy: Free Bike Rentals in the spring and summer! Amazing location - walking distance to everything in downtown Boulder.

Room Tip: King rooms have large bed posts. Try to get a room overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ohiocouple
Dear Ohiocouple,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We aim to make every patron’s experience special, and I am pleased that we succeeded on your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed our lobby entertainment, room service and in-room amenities. I apologize that local transportation information was communicated incorrectly at check-in. I hope you’ll be our guest again soon.